"-sorry, gotta go." Astrid told the person in front of her and gave them an apologetic smile before quickly leaving. She ran into the crowd and disappeared before Hiccup could say anything.

Hiccup frowned as he craned his neck to look through the crowd and let out a deep breath, giving up. His dragon scampered behind him and Hiccup glanced back at him.

"Hey, Toothless" Hiccup greeted unenthusiastically. "Come to see my betrothed run away from me for the millionth time today?" He asked and the Night fury let out what Hiccup thought was a laugh.

'Running away' Hiccup thought, remembering the last time Astrid was running away from him. His face lit up and he grinned, getting an idea.

"Didn't we kidnap her last time she ran away?" Hiccup suggested to his Night fury who smiled and turned to a tree.

"Oh. No trees this time, bud" He replied and shook his head. Toothless warbled sadly and Hiccup scoffed with an amused face.

"Toothless, no matter how fun it was, we are not dangling Astrid off a tree" Hiccup told him and the dragon pouted. Hiccup rolled his eyes and petted the Night fury's head.

"Fine, but not Astrid. We'll dangle Snotlout off a tree" He gave in and Toothless broke out into a happy smile.

•••

Astrid was on her way to the Great Hall for dinner when she felt like something was following her. She quickly turned around to see who it was and frowned when she saw nothing.

Suddenly, a sack covered her head and she let out a loud yelp. Arms wrapped around her waist and they pulled her up, sitting her down on something.

"GAHHH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! GET OFF ME!" Astrid shouted, squirming in place and trying to break free.

"Shhhh" A familiar voice shushed her and she glared even more, her anger rising. "NO! I WILL NOT SHHHHH! I SWEAR, WHEN I FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE, I'LL-" She began yelling again but was cut off by a chuckle.

"Calm down! It's just me." The voice said again and this time she recognized it. She stopped squirming and raised an eyebrow.

"Hiccup?" Astrid called out unsurely. "Yes, m'lady. Gods, I was only kidnapping you" Hiccup said back with a small laugh.

The sack was removed from her head and Astrid saw that she was in Hiccup's hut with Hiccup standing by her, Toothless curled up bu the fireplace.

She tried to get up and realized she was tied to the chair with rope. She raised her eyes to meet his and she saw his small frown.

"Why am I here?" Astrid asked and nodded to the ropes around her middle and legs. Hiccup raised an eyebrow and plopped onto the chair by his desk beside her.

"Because I haven't talked to you all day." He explained and Astrid held in a grin. She wanted for Hiccup to pay, so the best way to annoy or upset him was for her to avoid him. And that was exactly what she did for a whole entire day.

'Avoiding him did the trick' Astrid said in her head and she smirked inwardly. 'But denying would make him even more annoyed' She thought in a sing-song voice.

"I don't know what you're talk about" Astrid replied and smiled innocently at him.

"Astrid, you nearly killed Snotlout by leaving him to lift something heavy to get away from me" Hiccup told her blankly and she shrugged.

"He should really man up" Astrid added and he nodded with her. "He almost fainted. How heavy was that thing?" Hiccup asked and she arched an eyebrow.

"Hey, who said you could speak, fishbone?" Astrid teased and Hiccup faked a hurt expression, making the girl scoff playfully.

"Fishbone? Wow, Astrid" Hiccup said in a disappointed tone, shaking his head at her and frowning. Astrid laughed softly and pursed her lips.

"Mmhmm" She hummed in confirmation. "I an offended" Hiccup replied, making her roll her eyes. He frowned and crossed his hands over his chest.

"I can lift heavy stuff! I'm the scary chief with a night fury! Right bud?" Hiccup turned to his dragon who snorted in reply. He shot him a glare before looking back at Astrid and seeing a smug smile on her face.

"See, your most loyal companion agrees with me" Astrid said with a pitiful sigh and Hiccup grinned.

"I thought you were my most loyal companion" Hiccup told her and she shook her head. "Mmm, no. Wrong" Astrid denied and he felt the corners of his mouth turn up in an amused smile.

"All those moments and training?" Hiccup asked, leaning a hand on his desk and moving closer to her face.

"Nope" She answered, popping the p and smiling at him. "Okay, maybe you can go train with Snotlout instead. You did say he needed to man up." Hiccup told her and she chuckled softly, looking away and shaking her head at his suggestion.

"Maybe, I'll go to Eret" Astrid said, locking eyes with him and her face straightening. Both smiles wiped off their faces and they stared into each other's eyes in a challenge.

Astrid raised an eyebrow, daring him to continue and Hiccup cleared his throat. "Okay, I know we were joking but right now, I am terrified" He admitted and Astrid burst out into laughter.

"Knucklehead" She chuckled out, shaking her head again. "Please, say you were joking" Hiccup pleaded, leaning forward and causing her to laugh softly.

"Well, he's not a fishbone" Astrid retorted and Hiccup frowned. "Astrid!" He exclaimed and she smiled at him.

"I'm kidding!" She told him and she saw relief wash over his face. "You have no self confidence whatsoever" She added, a grin playing on her lips when she realized he was actually worried.

"You noticed right now?" Hiccup retorted with a soft chuckle at the end. "I thought the Night fury and you becoming a chief would fix that" Astrid said and he shrugged.

He sighed softy and looked straight into her eyes. Astrid's breath almost caught when she saw how green his eyes were and how much she had missed them that whole day.

"Seriously, Astrid, would you take Eret instead of me?" Hiccup asked in concern and she exhaled, a small smile growing on her lips.

"Hiccup, I wouldn't take anyone but you" Astrid told him sincerely, her blue eyes sparkling with happiness. Hiccup smiled back at her and held her hand, enjoying the warmth spreading from the contact with her.

"I love you" He said to her and she gave his hand a small squeeze. "I love you too" She replied and they both beamed at each other lovingly.

"-fishbone" Astrid added and broke the moment, making him groan playfully while she laughed again at his reaction.

"You are impossible!"
"You're a fisbone!"

The rest of the night, the two continued talking and teasingly-flirting with each other. The sun had set and people had finished their dinner, but the couple was still laughing.

The same way Astrid couldn't avoid Hiccup, they both couldn't avoid the love they had for each other.