Blinded & Taken Part II

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, the door swung wide open and Astrid could tell that it was Ryker who came into the room. He smirked smugly and walked over to her.

She yelped and spat out the gag as he pushed her forward and forced her out the door, out to an arena like place. "Don't touch me." She hissed through her clenched teeth at him and stomped on his foot.

Hearing his cry of pain, she grinned happily and glared at him hard. Ryker snarled at her and pushed her down on the ground against a pole.

"And what did you say to me?" He crouched and snarled in her ear, making shivers go down her spine. "I'm sorry, morons like you won't understand" Astrid replied and scowled at him.

"You're lucky I need you to lure Hiccup over here" Ryker told her and she narrowed her eyes.

Getting both their attention, a loud high-pitched whistle echoed through the island and made Astrid grin widely. They were here.

Ryker looked up at the sky and glared, pulling his sword out and holding it defensively. Then, Astrid heard explosions and flames crackling coming from outside of the island.

"WOOHOO!" Fishlegs shouted happily from afar and flew around the base, trying to destroy it. "OH YEAH!" Tuffnut exclaimed. "LET'S GO BARFA ND BELCH!" Ruffnut added and they both gave each other a high-five.

Astrid chuckled softly at their words and shook her head, feeling less of the pain because her friends had come to save her.

"SNOTLOUT, SNOTLOUT! OI, OI, OI!" Snotlout chanted and Astrid rolled her eyes. She heard plasma blasts hit the area around them from above and smiled knowingly.

While the others destroyed the base, Hiccup landed in the arena and jumped off Toothless with Inferno in his hands.

"Ryker" He said in surprise, walking towards the man in front of Astrid. It was only the three of them in the arena, no guards, no other people. Well, except Toothless.

"Did you miss me?" Ryker asked him, smirking darkly and holding out his sword. Hiccup glared at him and tried to see Astrid who sat behind him.

His eyes landed on her figure and he felt his heart drop at how many cuts and bruises she had all over her body. Astrid could feel his eyes on her and she gave him an encouraging smile and nodded at him.

"Let her go, Ryker" Hiccup told him and Ryker laughed. "Without a fight? I don't think so" Her replied and swung his sword at him. Hiccup hit it back with Inferno and growly softly.

All Astrid could hear from her end was the clashing of swords and a few grunts. It irritated her so much that she couldn't even help or even just see what was happening.

Worry spread through her when the fight kept going and she knew that someone was about to give up. She could hear their hits getting weaker and weaker and prayed to the gods that it wasn't Hiccup.

Suddenly, she heard a thud on the ground and gasped sharply. Her heart stopped, the pain overthrown by concern, as footsteps came near her.

She felt arms help her up and wrap around her the minute she stood up. She recognized the person's smell and smiled in relief.

"It's okay. You're safe now" Hiccup said and Astrid hugged him back as much as she could since rope was around her arms, heart fluttering at the sound of his voice.

"I hate being blind" Astrid muttered back to him and he laughed, pulling away to see her. She heard him inhale sharply while he looked at her arms and legs. 

"Astrid, they hurt you" He told her in a pained voice and untied the ropes around her. Astrid immediately took his hand after that and shrugged.

"Nothing I can't handle, Hiccup" She replied and gave his hand a small squeeze. He sighed softly and nodded.

"We're still taking you to Gothi right away" Hiccup reminded her and helped her towards Toothless who helped as well in the fight. Astrid chuckled and stopped for a second.

"What?"
"Is Ryker still on the floor?" Astrid asked, a mischievous grin growing on her face. Hiccup raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, but-"
"Can you bring me to him?" She asked again, turning around and trying to hear Ryker.

"Might as well" Hiccup shrugged and guided Astrid back to Ryker who groaned in pain on the floor.

"That's for kidnapping me, you hybrid of a walrus and an idiot!" Astrid exclaimed and kicked the man hard in the side. Hiccup stifled a laugh at her insult and grinned at his betrothed.

Astrid turned to where Hiccup was and pulled him towards her, pressing a soft kiss on his lips and pulling back with a smile.

"That's for saving me" She told him after they separated and smiled at each other. Hiccup squeezed her hand and lead her back to Toothless.

"Well, what else would I do, m'lady? Let you get taken?" He teased and she rolled her eyes playfully, getting helped onto the back of the Night fury.

"You're my betrothed Astrid. I'll do anything for you" Hiccup finished sincerely and leaned forward to kiss her passionately. Astrid smiled widely into the kiss and kissed him back, feeling her heart flutter again. The pain was long gone and in place was love. 

When they pulled away, they both panted heavily and rested their foreheads against each other's. Even if Astrid couldn't see, she could feel his loving gaze on her and gave it back.

Because even though she was blinded and taken. Even though she could be on the other side of the Archipelago. Even though everything in the world was against it, their love would still be strong.