Only One For Me Part I

Start from the beginning

"There is nothing that will ever change that" He finished, shooting one last glare at the chief and stomping out the door.

Hiccup slammed the door shut and his eyes widened when he saw Astrid right in front of him, frozen in place with glassy eyes.

He let out a breath, his angry stance turning into a sad one as he looked into her heartbroken eyes. He pulled her in for a hug, wrapping his hands around her tightly.

"I-i-i-what are we gonna do?" Astrid asked softly, hugging him back. Hiccup pulled back a little to see her face and gave her a small smile.

"We're gonna fight. I'm not going along with this and I am not giving up on us" Hiccup told her and she shook her head, sniffling softly.

"I'm not giving up on us either" Astrid said back and rested her head on his chest, hugging his middle tightly and closing her eyes.

"I love you so much, Hiccup" She whispered sadly, a tear rolling down her cheek. He bit his lip, tears also threatening to fall from his eyes, and gently rubbed her back.

"It'll be okay. There will always be a Hiccup and Astrid. Always" He comforted, leaning his head against hers. She sighed deeply and just listened to his steady heartbeat.

•••

It was the next morning in the Great Hall and Hiccup hadn't spoken to his father since their fight. He ate his food with his friends who carried on their conversation as normal. Astrid and he were silent, dreading the day to come.

"Why are you guys so quiet?" Tuffnut asked the two, making both of their heads shoot up and look at it each other.

Suddenly, the doors of the Hall opened and Stoick walked in. Hiccup felt his jaw harden when his father looked at him.

"Attention! The heir of Whispering Trees tribe, Erica Nord, is here, She and my son, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third have been set to marry" Stoick announced loudly, making people gasp in horror and shout in disagreement.

"That's why" Tuffnut said in a monotone voice, even his usual playfulness disappearing. Astrid bit her lip and looked down. She felt a hand hold hers and saw Hiccup looking at her, nodding slightly.

"Stoick?" Gobber called out, making the chief look at him and shake his head. "This will join the two tribes and make them stronger" Stoick continued, ignoring his friend.

"What about Astrid? The two are obviously so in love!" Someone shouted from afar, making Stoick stiffen.

"They will do what is best for everyone" He answered, eyeing the two. Hiccup scoffed angrily and glared hard at him.

"Erica will be here for a month and I expect all of us to be welcoming of her" Stoick went on, making everyone more angry and confused.

"This isn't right!" Snotlout exclaimed along with other shouts of protest. "Astrid and Hiccup are betrothed! For two years!" Fishlegs added, frowning.

"You can't pull them apart!" "They're perfecr for each other!" Tuffnut and Ruffnut joined in, nodding along with his friends. Astrid and Hiccup looked at their friends gratefully and glanced back at each other.

"SILENCE!" Stoick's voice boomed through the hall, making it quiet once more. He sighed and looked seriously at them.

"They will do what is best for everyone" Stoick repeated, making something in Astrid break. She let go of Hiccup's hand and quickly rushed out the Hall.

Hiccup stood up and looked worriedly at her retreating figure. He turned his gaze to his father and scowled at him.

"Hiccup, you need to do what is best for everyone!" Stoick pressed, making his son's fists clench and step forward.