Stubborn Haddocks

Start from the beginning

"You did it first!" Her sister argued. Even if they were covered in sweat and were panting heavily as the ran around the village, the two Haddock children did not stop arguing.

As they entered the plaza, people gave at them with strange looks and then chuckled when they realized what had happened. Their mother was Astrid and they had seen what she did to the twins when they misbehaved.

"It's RUFFNUT!" Nuffink shouted at her.
"NO! TUFFNUT!" Zephyr shouted back.

"What? Someone said my name!" Tuffnut asked, looking around. "Me too!" Ruffnut said and frowned.

"We are arguing!" Zephyr huffed in anger at twins. "Yeah! Don't disturb the argument's sanctity!" Nuffink backed her up before they continued fighting again.

Valka was talking to someone on the council when she saw her two grandchildren pass by. She let out a hearty laugh and shook her head, hearing them argue.

'As stubborn as their parents' She said in her head, smiling happily.

"Zephyr, Nuffink! Ugh, you two Haddocks! Watch it!" Snotlout yelled after his relatives as they knocked over his cart. Zephyr laughed nervously and waived at him.

Hiccup was walking back home from all the work he had done, wanting to get some rest. His wife had gone home a little before, finishing her work a little quicker.

He heard sounds of quick footsteps and panting and turned around to see Zephyr and Nuffink running.

"Zeph, Nuff?" He called out and frowned at their tired state. They panted heavily and continued to run, shaking their heads at him.

"Can't socialize!" His daughter panted out.
"Need to run!" Nuffink added as they ran away from him back to the plaza.

Hiccup raised his eyebrow in confusion and walked back home to Astrid. He opened the quietly and saw her asleep on the couch.

He chuckled lightly at her tired face and went over to their room to change out of his armor. While walking over there, he stumbled on a shield left on the floor and made a loud sound.

Astrid stirred in her sleep and woke up, incredibly annoyed at whoever made the sound. She looked over and saw her husband on the floor with a nervous smile on his face.

"Dork" She said and sighed frustratedly.
"Sorry, m'lady" Hiccup apologized and went over to her. He leaned down and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"What were the kids doing outside?" He then asked, making Astrid smirk as she thought of an idea.

"I made them run two laps around the village for annoying me" She replied and he grinned, then looked back at her with wide eyes.

"No-" He started to deny, but Astrid shook her head at him. "Babe, it's only fair" She said sweetly and pointed at the door.

"Aww, Astrid, come on! I worked also!" Hiccup complained and she smirked even more.

"You always said you wanted equality and justice. Especially in your own household..." Astrid said and lied back down on the couch, knowingly. Hiccup grinned and rolled his eyes at her.

"I'm only doing this 'cause I love you" He said and kissed her forehead again before running out the door. Astrid laughed happily and closed her eyes again.

"Hi, two children" Hiccup greeted his kids as he ran beside them. They looked at him with a confused face and he rolled his eyes.