Girls Like Her

a/n: this fic was inspired by that adorable video of a father and daughter lip syncing to that maroon 5's song - link here - https://www.facebook.com/9gag/videos/246232022709253/  

+++

Althea Ramos just had one of the worst days at work for this month today. She still hasn't won the contract from Japan's biggest electronics in Asia that supplies the materials with the highest quality but with the significant price difference with that of other countries like Singapore, Hong Kong, and South Korea. She and her team have been working on a way to convince Miss Masato the company's Chief Executive Officer that a partnership with a US built and based company like Ramos Industries wouldn't mean no harm to her autonomy.

While Althea and her team were at her office brainstorming about Ryo Hinshitsu Tech, a small explosion involving chemicals happened at her basement five laboratory that required everyone to evacuate the whole five floors of her Research and Development laboratories to the upper floors. It took five minutes to pinpoint the cause of explosion, an hour to make sure there's no leak of harmful substance, another hour for the clean up and a whole 24 hours to put the whole laboratory back in order, and since the whole basement wouldn't be available for use until tomorrow morning, Althea made a quick call of sending her scientists home for the day instead.

Despite the frantic visit from Althea's brunette heiress wife upon hearing about what happened to make sure her CEO wife is safe, Althea still had to power through the rest of the day, reviewing-signing-sending-repeat of countless contracts, and then talking about the logistics of the incident downstairs with Batchi. It was around seven in the evening when Althea deemed it safe to turn off her laptop and call it, it's not too late in the night but it is two hours late to join her family for dinner; and after everything that happened today, the last one was the most heartbreaking - the only heartbreaking thing. There's nothing more important than Jade and their daughter. There shouldn't be anything, she's done living a life like that, it was what her vow mostly was all about to be honest.

Althea was right outside their front door at 7:45, they moved in together at the house a year before they got married. There was a lot of house visits and bargaining until they settled in a simple looking-all-cozy-and-warm two-story house that sits right at the center of a half an acre plot of land at the upper west side of New York's only suburban community. The move made news for a week a few summers ago, both positive and negative opinions were thrown here and there but nothing mattered to them. When they decided to take the plunge, they also decided that nothing else would matter more than their relationship, not what Amanda would have to say, not Jade's socialite friends, not Althea's family, not their investors, not even the media, and unsurprisingly they got through it all.

"Hi." Althea was greeted with her favorite smiles, and two pairs of bright, melting brown eyes as she pushed the door open to the foyer. A duo of tall, lean, muscular brunette and a cheeky dimpled dark haired toddler are eagerly waiting for her, only her, and that alone is enough to erase all the bad after taste of today's events.

"Hi." Althea smiled, the first time today, her voice was so soft it was almost a sigh.

"Soph, kiss mama?" Jade asked their two year old, Sophie. The raven-haired toddler easily reaches over to her mother who welcomed her with open arms, Jade made sure Sophie's weight is all on her as she pulls her wife by the waist closer to them both.

"Hi baby, how are you?" Althea huffed instantly switching to her other role of being Sophie's mommy number two in an instant.

"Ti-ed mama? Kissey?" Sophie tried asking with her dimpled smile, she's still having trouble enunciating her Rs but they're working on it, Althea's own widens as she eagerly nods.