The Getaway (The Guevarra Story)

a/n: this is basically a baby driver au except i made it gayer and i made it more complicated than the baby driver original story. so yeah! tell me your thoughts! i hope you'd enjoy! happy new year!

p.s. for the sake of the story, let's imagine LA and NYC are so close to each other, they're border to border.

+++

It's the hottest day to date in Los Angeles, Jade Ramos is seated inside a red Subaru Legacy blasting Bell Bottoms through her iPod; drumming her fingers to the beat of the Lou Spencer Blues explosion on the steering wheel while she's patiently watching her team rob one of the stand alone banks near the outskirts of the city.

Rose has her shotgun held against one of the tellers' backs pushing him to walk towards the bank's vault, Ava and Leslie make sure all the customers and clerks are on their bellies with their hands up their heads, and Lucy gathers stray bills from each desk and money counter. Jade pulled her cap further down covering half of her face. She rolls her window up and turns the engine on along with the car air-conditioner, her plain white shirt is almost drenched and it's making her uncomfortable.

"Eeeey!" Jade beamed when the voices of the music came on, she lip sync the song as she can see the four women terrorizing the people inside just in time a patrolling police car passes by her. Jade was staring hard at the glass walls of the bank, her left hand stills on the steering wheel and her right on the shifting stick.

Jade breathed in deeply and exhaled as the music blaring in her earphones stopped to a monologue, she increased the volume of her music and waited. After the longest 30 seconds of waiting Jade saw the women start retreating towards her direction, black duffel bags in hand. Jade was already revving the car holding both gas and brake pedal at the same time, tires screeched and smoke. The moment the second chorus of the song comes on, the women are inside the car, and Jade knows exactly what to do.

"Forward, baby!" Rose barked pointing towards the direction where the patrolling police car went earlier. But instead Jade pulled the stick and reversed their way out to the highway before braking midway making the vehicle do a full 180 degree maneuver, beating two police cars coming from their right towards the narrow alley ahead.

Jade grips tightly on the steering wheel as she manages the quick changes of the shifting gear, the women inside her car are quietly buckled up and clutching on the handlebars and their duffel bags as their driver races five police cars chasing after them while finding a way back on track to the building where their spare getaway car is waiting.

"Too narrow!" Rose exclaimed as Jade aimed to cross a back building alley where truckers park their trailer truck heads. There are currently two truck heads in the way from both sides, one's going in while the other is coming out of the parking; Jade made a quick decision to step on the break causing the car to drift sideways before revving up on the 3rd gear out of the alley. It was a gamble that left them shaky and swerving but it worked

"There's a helicopter." Ava said once they're out on the freeway, they're on a southbound lane heading towards the New York City border.

"Baby." Lucy huffs as Jade speeds up towards the barrier separating the southbound and northbound lanes. Jade saw an opening, there were two identical cars on the northbound lanes looking exactly like her Subaru, with another dangerous drift Jade ended up on the middle lane. The moment they went under the tunnel Jade switched lanes with the car on her left, the said car in turn took Jade's lane just in time they came out of the tunnel giving Jade an out.

"Whooo!" The four women cheered when Jade made it to the clear going back to LA. Jade rounded up a building parking after a few minutes, the car stopped beside a silver Honda Civic. The women all got out of the car, Jade went straight to the front passenger seat as Rose took the driver side of the Civic. Jade slipped into her leather jacket as they pulled out of the parking lot. Another bank successfully robbed.