The Ringside (4)

“Jade you’re here - - this early?” A smilingly frowned seeing me early in the morning panting in front of Abby’s house ready to ring the doorbell, I just came from a run actually, from our house ten streets away from here I wanted so bad to tell her but I know exactly what she’s going to comment - -‘Whiny’.

“A, I uhh - - you’re running today right? I dumbly blurted giving a one whole scan of her running clothes

“Yeah, Abby was suppose to run with me but she’s not budging from her sleep as - -”

“Always.” I said aptly finishing her sentence and she chuckled and nodded.

“Yeah, as always.” A grinned and I was internally slapping myself to think of anything to say but she beat me to it.

“So I’m taking that you’re here for a run too?” A asked eyeing me from head to toe, the way she always does that makes feel overly me self conscious.

“Y – yeah, Abby invited me actually.” I lied, Abby didn’t really invited me, to be accurate she just told me about A’s daily morning run.

“Anyway run with me then.” A offered before pulling her hood up covering her shoulder length hair until it hides her eyes as she started to jog out to the lot and it took all of me not to trip trying to keep up with her.

I never ran before this morning and I know that I might not be able to move my muscles later, what more tomorrow but for the love of spending time with my crush backed up by the dedication and aspiration of a twelve year old, I endured the hard work and A seemed pretty impressed, I didn’t see her checking on me or even looking back when I lag behind but I know she’s thinking about me I was sure of it.

“Ready for a run again Jade?” A chuckled when she saw me by the village clubhouse.

“Yeah, you’re slightly late.” I noticed, because it’s already six when she get to where I was. It became our daily routine to run with each other since we first ran together, though we don’t talk that much, we don’t talk at all after the casual good morning and goodbye.

“Yeah, something came up in the house - -”

“Abby’s?”

“No, in my other house.” A weakly smiled and I saw a certain distraught in her eyes that I’ve never seen before.

“You want to talk about it?” I hesitated while she takes her hoodie off leaving just her favorite running muscle tee and shorts. She put her hoodie beside the water bottles I brought for us by the bench and stretched a bit.

If it’s okay with you, I’d rather not. I’m fine no worries, just need a little run. A said with a small smile before nodding telling me that she’s up for the run and I could just follow her when I’m ready.

“A!”

“Hey Jade, you’re walking home from school?”

“Yeah, mom finally allowed me to walk to and from school.

“Congrats on being 13 then?” A smiled as she slowed her pace so I can keep up with her.