The Ringside (11)

My mom once told me that when I found the one, the perfect someone for me – I should do whatever it takes and everything it takes just to keep them around. Only I'm bad at keeping people around, I'm so used to being left behind that I came to accept the fact that I'm that girl who's so easy to let go and set aside. They see nothing worth staying with me and they all thought it's going to be easy for me to move on simply because I'm known for that kind of stuff. After all I was quoted as the ice queen.

And then here comes 'the one' everyone is talking about. The perfect someone for each person here on Earth. You see, being in the showbiz industry makes it harder to find the one. That perfect someone without gimmicks, ulterior motive or anything shady to begin with. Finding is really something serious, so in the end you just settle with second best and convince yourself for the rest of your life that this is what you deserve, that this is what you truly want even though you know better.

I was contemplating over a dozen of my choices in the past while we're on break from the morning sequences of scenes when the tent door swung open and balled Althea right in, panting.

"Jade -"

"What is it?"

"What's the matter? Is there anything wrong?" Althea asked dead worried and all.

"Is it about anything I said? About something I didn't do that I should've?" She panicked as she knelt in front of me and all I can do is to pull her into a hug.

"Jade?" Althea asked when she noticed I was already sobbing.

"I – I'm sorry, I just don't know what I'm going to do without you anymore." I uttered like a child and Althea begins to hush me down.

"Who said anything about lose me?" Althea asked as she cupped my cheeks

"I just feel like I should hold on to you a bit tighter now."

"Jade, you have me. I ain't going anywhere. You have my word." Althea promised as she kissed my lips.

"Now please focus on your lines okay?" Althea suddenly blurted making me laugh.

"Is this about my failed attempt of focusing this morning?" I teased while she was wiping my tears with the backs of her hands.

"Partly, Batchi said I did something you did not like that's why you're a mess." Althea teased back and we just laugh, without regard of what Uncle Ronnie and I talked about last night.

"Miss Jade?" Sally suddenly peeked from the door and I think I'm ready to go.

"Yes Sally?"

"We're ready to roll if you're ready?" Sally smiled although unsure

"Sure, I'll be out in five minutes."

"One take Henares?" Althea challenged while I fix my make up for the scenes

"Challenge accepted."

"Great. I'll see you outside?"

"Sure." I nodded as she gets up and kissed me on the head before walking towards the door again and I watched her as did.

"I love you." Althea said halfway the door.

"I love you too." I smiled and knew everything is going to be okay.

After a few minutes of fixing myself Sally knocked again for the final call so I went outside with her, Althea was seated by the monitors smiling and slightly raising her eyebrows as a reminder of me accepting her challenge earlier and I smiled. As promised, I was able to pull off all the remaining scenes we have that day with just at most three takes for safety regardless of the fact that most of them are action scenes.