The Ringside(2)

"How are you today Althea?"

"I'm not crazy."

"Who says that you are dear? I'm just here to talk, I just want you to tell me how are you feeling today."

"You asked me the same question yesterday."

"Yes I know, I remember that and you told me the same initial answer."

"Because it's the truth, I don't need a psychiatrist. I'm not crazy."

"Of course you're not Althea, but I know that what happened in the past changed you."

"How will you know that I'm changed? You don't even know me."

"You just have to answer my questions Althea."

"Your repeated questions are what's starting to make me to lose my mind. If you could just stop evaluating me by stats you would see that I don't even have to be here."

"Althea, come back. I need you to - -"

When I was young, my mom would always tell me about how she believes that everything that happens in our lives have a reason. She told me more often than not that I started to believe her too and since I started believing every other thing seemed to make sense to me, until she was taken away.

Since that dreaded night, I was never returned to my dad, he was entitled to visit me twice every month since I was ten but I moved from one family to another. I never understood why I wasn't allowed to just be with him like before but dad said we're better off this way.

They said I became a problem child, I don't know what problem they're pertaining to because I was just me, though I don't talk too often or interact with people around me that much. So maybe that's what they meant by me being a troublesome company. And when two to three months already passed by and "they tried their best to reach out to me but I don't want to" the next thing I knew I am back in the custody of the social welfare ready to be shipped out to another family wanting to try out a new addition to their family only to prove themselves wrong of even wanting a new family member.

"Dad."

"Althea, what happened with your doctor today?"

"I ran away."

"Althea, you shouldn't have done that, that's why they wouldn't grant me your custody because they think MMA isn't a job I should raise you with."

"I'm fifteen, I know what I want dad."

"Althea - -"

"Dad please, I don't want to be scared anymore. I want to be able to defend myself when the same thing happens again in the future - -"

"Don't talk like that."

"Teach me be like you dad."

"You shouldn't be like me Althea, you should be more like your - -"

"No, I get it dad. Same old thing eh? I'll just be at Batchi's."

"Be back later before dinner, your new foster parents will fetch you."

"I know."

"Batch!" I called out to my best friend and only confidant. We've been friends since when I came home to my third foster family when I was twelve. She's from an upper middle class family so she totally has no problem with money or security or her future.

"Hey what's up? Your dad said you're at your doctor's this morning."

"Yeah, but I kind of ran away - -"

"Dude! Again?! How many times have I told you that your being stubborn won't do you any good? Althea if you don't comply to their set of standards they wouldn't clear you from their records."