How Do You Love?

a/n: hey gais! sorry can't update The Anatomy of Our Almosts nor We Inevitably today cause I'm a bit caught up on some things, but there's this idea again that's bugging my mind since yesterday and I just need to share it. ^_^

P.S. inspired by one of my favorite Nicholas Sparks book and Miley Cyrus film, The Last Song. Happy reading!

+++

How do you love?

Some people would frown and say, it is love you can't explain how.

Some people would be more expressive and tell you lengthy description as to how they love.

Some people would stare at you for a long time and sigh and shake their heads and utter, love is love it moves in mysterious ways.

And then there are the unique ones who will look you deep into your eyes without saying anything, they'll touch your hand that'll reach your soul, they'll caress your cheek, that'll reach your heart. Without words and you understood, without words and you felt them, without words and you are loved.

For me I love by words. And I seek the last people on the list.

I am poet for my own amusement.

I am an English professor by day and a hopeless romantic fiction writer by night.

25 years old, no boyfriend nor girlfriend since birth.

I've always been a bit cynical about love and all its possibilities and realm.

So when I tell my brother about my stories he would just giggle and shake his head and say

"Jade, you write by experience to make people feel real love through your works, if it's not by experience then it's just ideas, ideals, dreams, or fantasies."

But I keep my ground and I write by realistic ideas and not overtly unbelievable fairy tales of love at first sights and destiny.

I am careful; I maintain a good space for character development in nearly just about everything in their life. I am detailed. Just like myself, I want them to seek the right people, the right love, at the right time.

"Okay, who would want to read our third sonnet for today?" it's my usual class with the sophomores, one of the most hard headed students of their year, and they a common denominator, they're not the reading type, and it pricks me big time.

"Yes Mr. Choachuy."

"How do I love thee? By Elizabeth Barrett Browning - -

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight

For the ends of being and ideal grace.

I love thee to the level of every day's

Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.

I love thee freely, as men strive for right.

I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.

I love thee with the passion put to use

In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.

I love thee with a love I seemed to lose

With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,

Smiles, tears, of all my life; and if God choose,