I Kid You Not Pt. 1

a/n: they're not the people you're used to.

+++

“Jade? Hello? Where the hell are you? Contract signing is up in 30 minutes! Have you forgotten Paul made it clear that we all have to be there this year?” Kathleen berates once her brat of a sister answered her phone, she’s been trying to call Jade for over an hour now but the younger Tanchingco deemed it unnecessary to take the call from her team captain of a sister. Kathleen Tanchingco is the team captain and forward of New York City Supers, the city’s representative in the nationwide US  Women’s Soccer Association. It’s clear to see that Kathleen Tanchingco is the more responsible sister, always on time, always training, always improving herself, in addition to her responsibilities, she’s also always trying to keep her younger sister in check; the one task she most of the time takes a little too seriously.

“We’re just going to sign papers, Kath, relax. Same old, I’m sure I can skip that.” Jade shrugged as if her sister could see her. Jade’s driving her newly acquired and restored 1962 Corvette C1 through the clean and quiet suburban streets of upstate New York City trying to find her way to the St. Joan Of Arc Academy.

“Skip the contract signing again? You already skipped the one last year, and the one before that, you know, you haven’t been into any publicized contract signing since the first one, Jade. Dad and Paul are both close to strangling you to death.” Kathleen scolded.

“It’s now tradition. I’ll see you at the after party later. Bye.” Jade said with a laugh before ending the call.

“Wait! Where are you -” Kathleen protested to a dead line, “Jerk!” Kathleen cursed, tossing her phone at her bed. Kathleen finished dressing up in her newest team shirt with the most number of famous sponsors they have through the years along her favorite leather pants and jacket before going out of her 10 million dollar penthouse, courtesy of their 5th contract signing last year.

Kathleen and Jade are two of the pioneer members of New York City Supers, which their father Oscar along with his friends Hunter Jackson, and Tommy Anderson started five years ago. NY Supers are easily dubbed as the rising superstars of women’s soccer teams in their first season participating in the WSA League competing against more experienced teams all over the country. Kathleen and Jade are given the title of the Super Tanchingcos in their second year of playing by Time magazine, which catapulted their popularity in just a span of three months. After their exclusive with Time, their whole team became the cover story of ESPN magazine for the month of September, the very first sisters to cover on the sports themed story featured in the sought after magazine.

“Tanchingco!” Max, the team’s right backer, called out as soon as she saw their captain enter the backstage, the team was almost complete they’re only waiting for Kathleen and Jade to arrive.

“I don’t have her with me, Sawyer.” Kathleen shook her head, still pretty pissed off at Jade.

“Damn it. Paul’s going to kill us.” Max cussed, Paul is the team’s new manager and overall disciplinary headteacher, Paul has been the team’s ally ever since but now that he already succeeded his father as the team manager, Paul instantly bumped up himself in the lines of his father Oscar, Hunter, and Tommy; earning him the team’s renewed respect for their friend.

“Your sister’s going to drag us, captain.” Lovi the team sweeper scoffed, earning a slicing sharp look from the older Tanchingco. Lovi Poe is the newest member of the team, she’s Georgina Wilson's cousin from Los Angeles, a former member of LA Mercenaries who was dropped because of her sour face and attitude despite her being the best sweeper in the whole league. She was only picked back in the latter part of the season last year because the team sweeper that time, got injured.