The One Once Loved (4)

It was three weeks in the second month, and everyday went on by placidly, after that night when Althea almost raped Jade, the two repulsed each other like both them are magnetic north poles. Althea did that on purpose; if Jade couldn't control her feelings for her then Althea thought she might as well act on it.

She's always out; instead of sending Kathleen for the Singapore exhibit, she attended the opening herself. With her three-part painting she collectively called La Copulare; part one was called, The Masturbation it was the explosion of the fauvist colors red, yellow, orange and was margined by the color black, it was the one painted with her whole body. Part two was called, The First Time it was the calm and invigorating scene of the colors of the night she painted with Jade's help. And the last part was called, The Orgasm it was where the wild colors of the first painting and the refreshing colors of the second collided. She finished painting it after her encounter with Jade that night.

After a week in Singapore and after successfully auctioning the three paintings separately she came home. Jade was already halfway the second canvas of her two-sided painting, which she doesn't want Althea to see yet so she strictly told Althea not to meddle around her 12x12s.

"Jade." Althea called out to Jade who was on the other side of the workshop where her canvases were suspended. It's back facing the main door.

"Hmm?" Jade hummed totally busy with her masterpiece.

"I think it's time you see the other part of The One Once Loved." Althea casually said, which surprised Jade.

"A-are you sure?" Jade asked peeking from behind her canvases

"That's what you want from the start right? And besides your apprenticeship would end three weeks from now so might as well." Althea said

"Alright." Jade answered putting her paintbrush down. And walk towards Althea seemingly unaffected of Althea anymore, which ticks on Althea's ego but she let it roll.

They walk together to the house, Jade was a few steps behind but Althea could still hear her. They went straight to the second floor, Jade was already expecting Althea will open the 'back sides' room but she was wrong, because Althea stopped by her own room. Althea opened the door and they were welcomed by the sweet scent of Althea's perfume and Jade suddenly forgot how she hated Althea for not making her cum.

"Go ahead." Althea said nodding for Jade to go inside the room first. Jade then walked towards the room scanning its entirety in one go before spotting the painting leaning against the wall beside the sliding door to the veranda.

"That is the second part of it." Althea said leaning against the door, as she let Jade marvel and gasp on the majestically morbid painting.

"I-is that - -" Jade trailed

"Yes Jade. That's me." Althea confirmed

The second half of The One Once Loved was according to Batchi, much morbid than its back. Like David's works it was painted hyper-realistically, it shows a woman, which is Althea with a longer wavy hair, tousled gorgeously everywhere, her head was held a little up high, mouth agape, and eyes wide out of horror, tears streaming down her face. Her face was a beautiful mess, but what's obscure about the whole painting was what Althea has been clutching on her chest, no she wasn't holding something against it, she was grasping at her own self, trying to keep her violently severed chest, scarlet hues gushing out from the deep cut. Another feature of the painting was what's behind Althea, the room door was open, and someone was walking out to the lighted part of the tunnel like hole, the person was holding something on her hand, and the trail of blood was behind her, and that person was looking back to where Althea was.