Rose of the North (4)

'Sumire has disappeared.'

'Disappeared?'

'Like smoke.'

~Sputnik Sweetheart, 7

---

"So tita Cristy told me your in love." Chynna dropped while we're having coffee by the rooftop of the house, it was only seven in the morning. She just came home from her two-day in Hong Kong with her father's family.

"Wow, that was fast? What time did you come by that you had the time to gossip with mom?"

"That doesn't matter, are you in love again or not?"

"Yes I am."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. She's four years older than me, not that it's of any importance but she was married."

"Oh, so you're telling me she's straight? And it is of any importance?"

"Maybe?"

"Tell me about her."

"She's perfect."

"Glaiza tell me more."

"She my Rose of the North."

"Explain."

"Any place would be more beautiful with her in them. She doesn't pretend to understand things right away even if her age should show more maturity and experience. Her whole existence yields intricacy and beauty. Although her indifference is conking me. I'd still give my all just for her to hold me, just so I could feel her skin against mine. I wanted so bad to be wrapped with her perfume so I could always imagine she's with me and I wanted so bad to make her happy, to always see her cheeks flushed and her lips smiling or laughing even."

"What else?"

"Right and one more important thing, she only have a few more days to stay here before her twelve hour train ride to Bangkok."

"Have you done anything to give her more reason to stay?"

"Yesterday I took her on a date in disguise of a tour with the elephant and rafting. But of course she wouldn't think of it as a date."

"Then ask and take her to a real one."

"When?"

"Now."

"What if she has other plans today?"

"That we have to know, now get up we're knocking on her door. Fourth floor right? 401?" Chynna suddenly stood up and ran down stairs.

"Chynna! Klab ma thi ni! Skru hi khun!" I plead her to come back but she's already gone, I cursed before running after her.

We're sitting on the couch at the fourth floor's lounge, we're like high schoolers pushing each other to have the guts and walk up to the principal's office.

I was about to take every courage I have in me to knock on her door when it suddenly opens and out came her gloriousness. I hanged, half sitting and half standing. Hoping for her to go straight to the stairs and not look back but Chynna cleared her throat catching Rhian's attention.

"Glaiza, hi good morning." Rhian generously smiled and my brain farted nothing in response but an awkward smile.

"Hi you're Rhian right?" Chynna butt in offering her unworthy hand to the floral Sunday dress wearing goddess in front of us.

"Yes, and you are?"

"Chynna! She's Chynna my best friend." I exclaimed finally finding my tongue to use for talking.