Insomniac's Midnight Madness (2)

"Hello?"

"Bianca?"

"Rhian?"

"Are you sleeping?"

"What time is it?"

"Three in the morning?"

"Take a guess."

"Right of course, but I wrote something."

"Can't it wait till office hours?"

"It can but I was just so excited."

"What have you wrote about?"

"A girl - - I mean no, a woman, a beautiful woman."

"Is she dead already?"

"What?! Oh - - I mean no. She's not dead."

"Good, that's good Rhian continue writing. Call me again later okay? Please? You should rest too."

"Right okay, copy that. Goodnight."

"Night."

When I was seventeen I had my first crush, my friends thought at first that maybe I was asexual because I just can't find someone to be attracted to. I don't feel any sexual desire to anybody no matter how attractive they are for my friends. Until Ms. Huessaff entered our world literature class, she was a French hottie, that's what my friends and me called her back then.

I don't know why but every time she speaks English especially when she reads poetry to the whole class, I get a hard on. Right, that sounds too hetero but that's just my use of words. My insomnia back then heightened because my vivid imagination always falls on Ms. Huessaff and her kohl eyes, thin line of her nose and lips and the gorgeous tousle of her hair.

I'd lie on my bed every night for the whole semester imagining her barging into my room and other things would fall into place. But it never happened. Of course whom am I kidding?

When I learned that she's already getting married at the end of the semester, I wrote my most heart-melting ode to an unrequited love under the title An Imaginary Love Affair  that I passed to her as my final project, which got me an A+ for her subject and a final exam exemption.

She even told me to stay after class just so she could talk to me. She counseled me about it, telling me I'll eventually find the one for me, I thought she knew she was the person I was talking about but when she said the words "He'll come by before you know it." I nodded, left the room then moved on.

I wasn't big in relationships back when I was student, guys always thought of me as one of the boys so they knew better than hitting on me while the girls are only attracted to me because they're envious, and none romantically. So practically you get the idea, I'm a hopeless romantic of some sort.

It was around four in the morning, I just finished my third cup of coffee, and the momentum I had around twelve has already subside and I feel tired. It was like smoking weeds or taking a psychedelic drug, after the high you'll plummet faster than getting the high itself.

After saving the twenty-page document on my hard drive, I closed my laptop and collapsed on my bed, the darkness of the night was already starting to fade when I felt sleepy.

I woke up around nine in the morning my phone was ringing and the morning sun was flooding my room so I was forced to get up. I answered the phone, it was Bianca asking me about what I wrote last night and I told her that if she wanted to read I'll meet her and she agreed.

I was pulling out of the drive way and to the main road when I saw her brisk walking down the street to the entrance of her condo. She was wearing her running clothes, fitted hot pink under armor sports bra and complimentary leggings, a black Nike flyknit and sunglasses. Her phone was strapped on her arms and she has her earphones on. Her sweaty bare shoulder glistened when the sun hit it and I already have trouble breathing.