Rose of the North (1)

"I am sorry ma'am but the shortest time we can have you luggage transported from Bangkok to Chang mai is later this evening and will only be available for delivery tomorrow morning after confirmation. I'm really sorry again ma'am." The Thai national airport officer apologised in his weird English speaking accent.

In normal cases I would be really patient and not scrutinise the littlest of things like the accent of the person talking to me but then it's not a normal case at all, because I just endured the hassle of the three-hour delayed flight and the connecting flight itself, even the run from one point end of Suvarnabhumi airport to the other point with only 5 mins before the gates are closing that I should be steaming off and still they failed to have my luggage transferred from TG116 to TG220.

He checked and confirmed that my luggage was left with the former connecting flight I missed because of their own fault, I mean their delayed flight's fault and I don't really know what to say, I'm tired and equally pissed off that I wanted to throw a feat of none sense tantrums but then I resorted to a whine.

"Oh my god, I don't have anything with me." I stated the obvious lifting the half size hand carry I have with me, which contains only my passport, wallet, handphone, documents with my divorce paper approval copy, a small make up kit, one extra shirt, sunglasses and a half full container of Tic-Tacs.

"I am really sorry ma'am but all I can do is to deliver it to your hotel the earliest time I can tomorrow." The officer bowed, as he gave me a legal size yellow paper to fill up with my details and the color, size and kind of material my luggage was made of.

Left without anything else to do, I kept my mouth shut, breathe in and out and thought of the last time I travelled with Jason and how much disastrous it was than what happened to me now. I sighed and left the baggage claim desk and proceed to the nothing to declare lane of the airport, I can't help but be sarcastically awed knowing I don't have anything to declare cause I basically have nothing with me. Tough luck.

Now all I have to do is wish to the heavens that the complimentary transfer of the guest house I am checked in is on time unlike my flight. And soon as I stepped out of the air conditioned area of Chang Mai International airport I saw a woman holding a white bond paper with my name on it, looking to every passenger that's coming out from the airport's exit. I quietly strode towards her and she instantly assumed I am the person she was looking for so she widely smiled and greeted me.

"Sawadeeka! Welcome to Chang Mai! Are you Mrs. Choachuy?" She asked, I hope my ears aren't defected by the turbulence but her english speaking accent isn't what I am expecting. It's not that I am being racist, it's just that I fairly know what to expect of Thai people's english speaking accents. And hers is clearly not what I'm expecting.

"Yes, but I am no longer a Mrs, let alone a Choachuy." I timidly smiled, and a frowned etched her perfect eyebrows

"I mean, I am recently divorced." I added to clear things

"Oh okay. I'm sorry about that, so are you ready to go?" She said looking down on me maybe looking for the luggage that wasn't there.

"I don't have any luggage, I missed my original connecting flight so my luggage is still in Bangkok." I explained.

"Oh my, what a disaster. I hope you can relax a little bit in our guest house." She clicked her tongue, shook her head and appropriately smiled as she opened my car door for me.

"I hope so too. Wait are you driving us to the hotel?" I asked as she slipped in the driver seat.

"Yeah, is there any problem ma'am?" She beamed with a sweet smile