The Girl (5)

Take me out tonight
Because I want to see people
And I want to see life
Driving in your car
Oh please don't drop me home
Because it's not my home
It's their home
And I'm welcome no more

And if a double-decker bus
Crushes into us
To die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die
And if a ten ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side
Well the pleasure, the privilege
Is mine.

Max invited herself to keep me company and deliberately sat on the couch in front of me. I continued working on the selected photos while I waited for the pre-nup video to finish rendering. Max was quiet, watching me, and she's irking me up for sitting idly by.

"Enough with the playing dumb Max." I said almost like a whisper to not draw attention to us. She shifted in her seat, checked on her phone like she just received a message that wasn't there and blinked her eyes more times than the normal involuntary blinks human eyes do. Is she nervous? If she is, what for?

"Glaiza-"

"What?"

"Can we talk?"

"We already are talking Max."

"I mean in private."

"Max listen-" I scoffed almost raising my voice earning a few side looks from the people in the nearby tables. I leaned in forward for her to hear me alone.

"Max, we already talked and we're done talking. Can't you see I'm working? I have no time for this."

"Glai-"

"Max please, don't embarrass yourself in public." I said standing my ground. After a few more minutes, weighing whether I'd give into her or not, which of course I did not, Max took her purse and left. Just in time Chynna walked right in from the other entrance of the café.

"Hey, still alive?"

"Max came by, she just left."

"Oh."

"What do you mean oh?"

"What do you mean, what I mean by oh?"

"How did she know I'm here?"

"How the hell would I know Cha?"

"Nobody else knows Chyns, just you and me. Unless-"

"Fine."

"What do you mean fine!?" I hissed finally understanding what just happened.

"She begged to see you, because her girlfriend dumped her last week."

"And you let her!? I thought you are my friend!"

"I am! That was a test Cha."

"What the hell are you talking about!?"