Back in Our Time (4)

Good morning Jade, how may I help you today?

"Hi Sophia, I would like to focus how The Time Traveler works and how it won't succeed if ever."

Loading one thousand references and cross references of files and other studies related to The Time Traveler – sorting alphabetically and by relevance – filtering through ways it can be usable by human transportation and failed attempts – loading done – total results displayed on the monitor, Jade.

"Thanks Sophia." Jade took a deep breath before sitting down on the lone chair right in front the humongous monitor ready to delve in the information presented to her.

"Who researched the studies?" Jade asked as if there's a real person who would answer her, either way Sophia didn't fail to comply.

Dr. Althea Green, Dr. Amanda Tanchingco, and Dr. Jade Tanchingco

Jade was taken a back of the last name Sophia mentioned so without any doubt she asked Sophia who Dr. Jade Tanchingco was.

"Sophia, information about Dr. Jade Tanchingco please?"

Sorry, I am not programmed to discuss the specifics of Dr. Jade Tanchingco

"Damn it. More details about quantum and molecular physics then?"

Loading information about quantum and molecular physics –

In the next few hours, Jade studied tons of information about The Time Traveler as mentioned by Dr. Green who's now dealing with some personal business she didn't specify on her way out of the property. At lunch time, Jade decided to take a break and a walk outside the mansion, she came across a huge vault like door at the back of the mansion strategically placed under the afternoon sun and the shade of the oak trees covering the rest of the perimeter of the backyard. She was about to tinker on the visible passcode buttons on the side of the door when her phone rang, it was Dr. Green.

"Hello Dr. Green?"

"Hi Jade, I'm on my way home. Do you want anything in particular for dinner?"

"Oh, is pizza okay?" Jade shyly answered but she couldn't deny the fact that she absolutely misses pizza so she grabbed the opportunity when it prompts itself.

"Very well, pizza it is. Also, how was studying?"

"Good, I mean great actually I think I'm learning a lot of things, maybe a little too much my head hurts." Jade confessed and she wasn't mistaken when she thought she heard the reserved Doctor snort and giggle on the other end of the line.

"That's just your brain wrinkling Jade. You'll be good after eating and relaxing a bit, don't take things too seriously. But the tests yes." Althea thoughtfully said and Jade felt her cheeks warm up and she promptly felt ridiculous about it.

"Yes, Dr. Green." Jade shortly answered and there was a short awkward silence before Althea said goodbye because she's already at the pizza parlor and ended the call.

Around four in the afternoon Althea's car rolled inside the property and Jade, like a dutiful daughter – which is by the way felt really weird and cringe worthy for her, waited by the door.

"You are like your mother. She liked waiting for me too when I used to get us pizza." Althea recalled making her sound so much older than Jade is seeing.

"It's weird." Jade muttered but she abruptly stopped because she was actually thinking out loud.

"What's weird?" Althea asked, curiously looking at Jade while she was arranging plates and forks on the ten-seater dining table at the center of the massive dining room.