One Day For Us (3)

March 2006

"What the hell?" I frowned upon seeing a crowd of people below the bridge, they're doing nothing and a girl's being stung by jellies in the water and almost drowning. Seriously?! What's wrong with this people?

But I was wearing a fresh hoodie, and I'm also contemplating whether to be a hero or just let another hero come, but the girl could no longer manage another hero doubting. So without anything left to do, or my conscience would rather do, I zipped up my hoodie and took the plunge.

She was a few feet away from me and I almost feel the jellies pricking my clothes, but I got to move faster, even though my clothes are dragging me down as well. She's almost sinking when I get to her out of panic and exhaustion and fear.

When I got the jelly off her stomach I hooked her by my left arm and tried hard to paddle us to the shore where stuck ups are just watching, they didn't even call for help.

"Sally!" I heard two loud mouths rushed to the girl's side, and then I realized they're girls from my school. When I looked up, I saw dumbass right if she's one, her friends are too. Who would swim by the beach at the time jellyfishes are moving out. There's a sign by the bridge telling them to stay out of the water for the next few days.

"You with her?" I asked dumbass, who just nodded. I removed my hoodie to cover her body, good thing I put on a muscle tee or I would've been bare here and instead of me saving a dumbass, a photo of a half-naked me would reach my father before we get to the hospital.

"You have car?"

"N-no, only bicycles." The other one answered

"Can't, I'll take her to my car. Follow me. we need to get her to the hospital, she was stung and I don't know how her body will react on it." I said as I try and take the shorter girl in my arms. God she's kinda heavy, I didn't know someone so petite could weigh like this. So instead of a run a pulled on a half jog.

"Open the back." I ordered, the two are still in shock and aren't moving. Don't they know an allergy from a sting can cause anaphylactic shock? Jesus.

"Get in there with her. Just try and calm her down." I barked as I slip in front of the steering wheel.

Goodness this isn't how I planned my Sunday afternoon. It was suppose to be a quiet walk in the beach and a short hang by the old light house before dinner. Now I'm going over the speed limit again because of three dumbasses.

"Megan!" I called out, as I rushed inside the emergency room, I put the girl down the bed first.

"Althea? What are you doing here? Are you hurt?" She asked in worried tone.

"No, but this one is." I pointed to the girl already balling her eyes out crying in pain.

"Oh jesus, did she - -"

"She swam on the beach front where jellyfishes were moving." I explained.

"Right okay, I'll treat her now and we'll call her parents, you go home and change. Aren't you hurt too? You saved her?" Megan asked.

"Okay, no I'm not. I was wearing my hoodie when I got in the water."

"Good thinking. Go home now."

"She'll be okay?"

"Yes, it's not so serious, good thing you saved her just in time." She smiled and I nodded.

"By the way, they're with her." I said pointing to the direction of the two girls behind me and my job there was done. I was already driving away from the hospital when I realized I left my hoodie back there. It's my favorite one so I'm pretty pissed.