Saturdays with Jade

41st Saturday without Jade

To: Jade Limjoco

Jade? Love? Can we talk? It's been a while; I'm still hanging on every word, every promise and every kiss you left me. I'm still hanging onto something I am not sure of. I miss you, and I know I shouldn't be telling you that but I do. I still miss you...

Drafted.

10th Saturday with Jade

"Althea please? Can't we work this out?" Jade pleaded tears and all, it was after their second to the last session.

"Please Jade, don't make this too hard on us again. David is a good man, he doesn't deserve this." Althea blurted not believing her own words, but her pain is almost unbearable. Jade savaged her and she let her do it like the first time.

"But I love you, I still love you and you're the only person I am going to love like this. Please love love." Jade pleaded again, clutching tightly on Althea's car door.

"I love you too Jade, I love you so much more than I could allow myself to show you, but you're already married. Please don't ask me to be your dirty little secret again. Cause I know I would allow myself just like the first time you did. Please Jade. Just stay away from me. Two more sessions and you're done with your cooking lessons. I know Batchi could handle you."

"Althea please - -"

"Jade please?"

"I'll make everything right this time, wait for me please? I promise - -"

"Don't promise me Jade. I'm tired. Goodbye Jade." Althea said in resignation, the way she said that she's tired meant finality for Jade it meant the end. Althea never told her that line. Never. But now she did and Jade's world crumbled down in the quicksand of how it was hastily built nine Saturdays ago.

A Saturday

"Jade, I've enrolled you to a three month crash course for cooking." David beamed all smiles and encouragingly, it's their tenth month as a married couple.

An arranged married couple to put it into the right terms.

"Thanks David." Jade timidly thanked her husband by paper.

"It's a 3 month course, that'll happened every Saturday, the school is above the restaurant called Everydays by Chef Althea Guevarra, in Tomas Morato. She owns the school and the restaurant and she's already been hailed abroad for her exemplary work. I just don't know if she already came back from the States." David explained and like a harsh wake up call to Jade hearing her name again, resurfaces the deepest darkest secret of the only daughter of the Tanchingco clan.

1st Saturday with Jade

It was the first Saturday of the first month but Jade was already running late. She woke up late from the Friday night out with Paul and Sally; she parked in front of the two-story stand-alone building, and was contemplating of removing her wedding ring, hoping Althea doesn't know yet about the private wedding that happened ten months ago. That wouldn't be a good start if she already knows.

Jade ended up removing her engagement and wedding ring as she entered the school's entrance and logged on to the student's sheet.

11. Tanchingco, Jade D.

Jade sighed in relief that David didn't use his surname for Jade's registration. Jade still goes by Tanchingco in most of her legal documents as she requested her dad and David. If she can't be single forever as she intend to after Althea left, then at least her name would stay with her.