For the First Time Again

"How are you Mrs. Galura?"

"I'm good doc, I actually think we're getting better each day."

"That's good. Are you getting along with her better too? How do you intend to introduce yourself to her in the morning?"

"Yeah, she no longer freaks out upon seeing me beside her in the morning, sometimes I just need to talk her into watching our videos again before we can start the day. But after watching she tends to understand everything although she still has no memory of what we've watched. But at least she accepts the fact that she's married with a woman too."

"Very good Mrs. Galura, so we're good for the mean time?"

"Yes doc, I just wanted to know if I can travel her somewhere other than our house, her studio and restaurant? It's our 3rd anniversary coming up and I want make it special."

"About that, I suggest you take her to the place ahead of time and take photos and videos with her so when the day comes you'll be able to remind her that she's been there. Make sure the photos and videos are inviting to her eyes, so she'll be encouraged to go out."

"Okay doc, I'll make sure of that. Thank you doc."

"You are always welcome Mrs. Galura. Have a nice day."

"Hello Mahal ko?"

"Hi My love, are you on your way? Our moms already are asking for you." Rhian asked laughing as she watch their mommy Clara and mommy Cristy enjoying their coffee and conversation while they wait for Glaiza

"Are they having a good time? I'm already rounding down the block, just one more stop light and I'll be joining you guys."

"Yeah they're like sisters. All right be careful, drop this call now. Love you."

"Right. Love you more Mrs. Galura."

"Bestie?"

"Hmm?"

"How are you?"

"I'm okay bestie, you've been asking me the same question everyday for the past year now." She teased as she meet Bianca at the parking lot

"And your answers never changed." Bianca rolled her eyes as they get in the car

"Because boo, that's the truth I'm okay, Glaiza and I are okay."

"It's been a year now, is there any progress? What did the doctor say?"

"Still the same boo." Rhian shortly answered

"Rhian, I know you love her, I know you're married to her but are you really up for the life time of uncertainty? Like now, it's been a year but she still hasn't showed any signs of regaining her memories."

"Bianca, are you subtly asking me if by any chance I consider leaving her behind again? Boo, we didn't fight for the love we have for me to just give it up now." Rhian countered slightly raising her voice knowing Bianca's nearing that side of the conclusion again.

"Boo, you also didn't fight or signed up for what you have now, you're in an uphill battle against something intangible. You wake up everyday trying to introduce yourself to your wife, how would you live a full and happy married life? Are you sure you wouldn't get tired in the long run? When was the last time she told you she loves you? When was the last time she kissed you? Or the last time you made love? All I'm saying Rhian is you also have needs, you're only human. At kahit na ayaw mong mapagod, unti unti kang mapapagod. Unti unting bibigay ng kusa ang puso't isip mo." Bianca elaborated and as much as Rhian doesn't want to acknowledge her best friends point, she can never deny her selfish thoughts of running away for good. But her love for the woman, for Glaiza has dragged her into this whole set up and now she couldn't just let her go.