I Kid You Not Pt 2.

“Hello mom?”

“Hi dear, how was the party? Did you and Kath talk?” Amanda asked, Jade's pretty sure her mom’s cooking, she can hear the sizzle of the pan and the echo of her mother’s voice, she must be on speaker again.

“Party was good, and yes we did, we might schedule a special training session with the kids soon. Are we still up for lunch on the weekend?” Jade asked as she stopped in front of Rastro's, it’s after their seven hour workout and training and she’s definitely in the mood for some sugary goodness before she has to get ready for the dinner. There were only three people in line to the counter and Jade’s thankful her usual table’s empty, now she just has to make sure no one beats her to it.

“Oh honey about that, I’ll be out for a convention this weekend, it should be Mr. Roberts and Miss Lopez but there’s a sudden change of plan,  I’ll be around Monday though, do you want me to drive downtown and meet you at Rastro's?” Amanda offered.

“No mom please, you must be tired, I’ll see if I can tag Kathleen along and we’ll meet you at the house or at the school instead?”

“That would be lovely, dear. How’s your day so far?” Amanda asked making Jade smile, her mom has always been like this ever since they were little, no matter how boring or eventful their day had been Amanda’s sure to ask how it went and she’d listen so attentively that you can count on her to remember the same characters of the story on the following days.

“Great, it’s the first day of training for the season opening. We’re all too excited to start playing again. You’re still watching one of our games live this year right?” Jade enthused, she heard her mother chuckle at her question. It has been Amanda’s tradition to watch at least one of NY Supers game every season, she decides with some basic criteria, who’s predicted to play the toughest and/or who’s going to be the most interesting opponent.

“Always. Who do you think is the toughest opponent this season?”

“I’m thinking the LA Mercenaries since we beat them last year, they’re sure to serve some interesting comebacks, but there’s this news about the Star Crossers importing new and highly skilled players so dad said we should be prepared by researching about them.”

“Well then, I might as well watch both games.” Amanda laughed making Jade grin so widely.

“You’re the best mother in the world.”

“You silly.”

“How’s your day?”

“I’m home early, I suddenly felt dizzy. At lunchtime the school doctor suggested I go home and rest.”

“Mom, how are you feeling now? You want me to drop by? I’ll bring you some croissants, your favorite.”

“Honey, I know you’re tired from practice. You don’t have to, I’ll be fine. Just some long nap and I’m good to go.” Amanda giggled.

“Are you sure? If you still don’t feel better tomorrow, I’m coming up.” Jade said, feeling the worry finding its place at the pit of her stomach. Amanda already has a history of overworking herself and fatigue before and Jade’s trying her best to keep herself up to date with whatever her mom’s doing to prevent another emergency room run at midnight from happening again.