The Ringside (10)

"Jade." Amanda called out to her daughter for the third time now, worry already bubbling in the pit of her stomach.

"Jade, hey honey what's wrong? Are you okay?" Amanda finally reached out to Jade, lifting her chin up for the latter to look up to her.

"Mom." Jade weakly acknowledged, it was like she was the one injected with the anesthetics.

"I was standing here in front of you for a minute now and you really are zoning out." Her mother said as she sat beside Jade who instantly hugged her.

"I'm sorry mom, it's Althea she's been inside for three hours now." Jade murmured in their embrace

"Has anyone updated you of her situation?" Amanda asked as she pulled away and cupped her daughter's cheeks,wiping the silent tears that's now starting to roll down from her eyes.

"Her doctor came out about four hours ago just to inform me that they'll be doing the operation in a few minutes and that I better be prepared for the results, since we're looking at only forty percent of success."

"Oh Jade, she'll be fine okay? You trust her right?" Amanda asked and Jade nodded despite of the fear she have in her pounding heart right now.

"That's good to know. Now let's a have coffee while we wait for Althea okay?" Amanda said standing up and offering her hand to Jade, who in return looked momentarily towards the operating room doors first.

"Jade, Althea wouldn't like to see you like this when she wakes up later." Amanda reminded as she gently pulled Jade up to her feet.

"You'll see her walking out of that room in no time." Her mother assured her one more time as she pulled her to the direction of the hospital's cafeteria.

+++

"Are you sure Abby will be fine with me tagging along in your mini reunion?" Althea worried while we're already on our way to the airport. Abby's an hour away from landing at NAIA and my Althea's still fidgeting beside me. Looking magnificent on her usual clothes.

"We're almost just 5 kilometers away from the airport love." I smiled shortly looking at her and she took my free hand maybe for support.

"Yeah. I know. It's just it's been a long while since I last saw her. And maybe she still upset with me not keeping my promise of keeping in touch and constantly visiting."

"You know what Abby did the moment I told her about you coming to see her and her family again?" I said taking her hand from her lap and kissing the back of it.

"What?" Althea eagerly asked

"She squealed like a high schooler." I giggled making her laugh too.

"No kidding love." Althea slightly scolded me, tapping my hand she's holding.

"No kidding, I could only imagine her later when she sees you. I might get jealous." I said and she just laughed and shook her head again.

After an hour or so, we pulled up by the fifth bay at the airport where I instantly spotted Abby already waiting for us. I pulled over exactly in front of her and Althea playfully lowered her window first instead of just opening the door.

"A-B!" Althea exclaimed and Abby took a moment to recognize the person calling out to her and she laughed when I peak from behind Althea for a wave.

"A!? Oh my god!" Abby squealed as expected when Althea was finally right in front of her. They hugged like there's no tomorrow, Abby didn't care that much that Althea's girlfriend - - namely me is standing just right in front of them. And no it doesn't have to be a bad thing actually, I love seeing them reunite after years and feels more like coming home to me, I felt nostalgic.