In Your Arms, I Rest

"It's been more than a thousand years Althea!" Batchi shouted instantly upon hearing what I planned on doing

"It's not like I don't know how to count Batch don't I?" I calmly stated like telling her that what I want to do now is the most normal thing I have decided about, in the series of bad decisions I made in my whole existence.

We're currently residing at some town house in Beverly Hills it was a former household of that woman they call the queen of pop. I don't have any idea a queen would live in such a pitiful place like this, because back in my days, queens live in the lovely abode of their warm and spacious castles, pampered by maidens and guarded by a hundred knights, not in some cramped up place of cold walls and empty halls like this house we're living in.

"We cruised through different places and countries, we changed names and professions like we're changing our clothes and now you're telling me that you want to go home?! Are you completely out of your mind?!" Batchi exasperated while she's pacing left to right in our study room.

She's mad. Because of one thing, I wanted to come home. To where we originally came from, I wanted to reclaim my parents' land and retire there for the rest of my life. As if my life has an ending.

"She seized to exist for a long time now Batchi, it's time to come home now. It's safe to come home." I offered, convincing more myself than Batchi

"How can you be so sure?! Althea, we're good here, actually this is the best place we've ever been. Life's easier here."

"But..." I started to protest but then she cut me

"I know, she may have seized to exist physically but you're still haunted by her. I know she never left you. She's in your memory, in your dreams, in your poisoned blood. And this? This coming home charade of you means one thing, it's either she's there waiting for you and you know it or you feel it or you're just losing your sanity. Haven't you been feeding again?! Or you feed so much on animal blood that's why you're not functioning properly?!" She fumed, and I can never attest to that, she has every right to hold me back because she suffered as much as I did with what happened years ago. But the urge I have to come home this time came to me in a form of hunger and thirst that I needed and I wanted to satisfy so much. Something or someone from Veneto's pulling me back.

"I've made up my mind, I'm going home to Venice. I am reclaiming Veneto. And I am going to do that with or without you." I finally said as I walked out of the study room I heard her released a disgruntled sigh and collapsed on the leather couch.

I proceed to the open lawn of the house, the sun's shining and it burnt against my porcelain skin but it doesn't hurt me anymore. Over the years of feeding and adapting to this world, our kind has evolved into something stronger and much advanced.

You're a heartless, disgusting monster who feeds in human life! Leave me alone!

I heard her say as I settled down the bermuda grass lying flat on my back facing the blazing sun, it's my wake up call, it rang through my ears like she said it only yesterday. It never left my hearing. It was harshly etched into my being. I am a monster.

I bit my lower lip as I bathe myself to the afternoon heat. I slowly let it seep through the thin covers of my flesh like how solar cells worked. I am vampire. My parents were. But the coming of the new age also brought me evolution.

I retained some of the traces of my ancestors through my violet eyes and cold porcelain skin, speed and agility, stealth and grace, knowledge and mind reading, strength and hypnotism and regeneration and immortality. But I also learned to adapt, no, my body was forced to adapt to the feel of the sun against it. Which I only discovered about five years ago, when I was chasing after some girl in the streets of London whom I thought was Jade.