The Lob

She walked up to us and held out her hand for me to shake. I stared at the woman for a long moment trying to decide what she was but there were so many Mythics in the room I could barely smell myself. But her aura...that I could see and it was so off-putting I was hesitant to touch her.

"Come now, child, don't be rude," the woman said reaching for my hand. The second her skin touched mine it felt like there were bees buzzing in my chest.

Why was I here? I hated parties. I hated people. Everyone was so loud. I bit down on my tongue to keep from saying something rude. Why did Sissy even suggest I come to a place like this? Where were Quetz and Barapha? We should leave. Pfft! Why did I care where they were? They were stupid. They made me feel weird. They made me not myself. I should go home.

I tried to pull my hand away from hers but her grip was like iron. I looked up into her angular face and I found her prominent cheek bones and flawless skin infuriating.

"Let go of me," I snarled and she smirked murmuring, "But you taste so good." I glared at her and yanked on my hand. She sighed and whispered, "So much anger, indecision and regret. Why do you keep it all locked up inside?"

I felt my heart pounding in my ears, air tearing through my lungs. I had never felt like this before. My vision hazed red with fury and before I could stop myself my hand curled into a fist and I struck at the woman.

"Chase!" Sissy cried and I felt an ice cold hand curl around my bare arm. I whirled around shoving Barapha as hard as I could. He was thrown back nearly ten feet and collided with several people in fancy dress spilling their wine and champagne.

"D-don't touch me! You-you're disgusting!" I shouted at him and I meant it. He was disgusting. he killed people. He turned them into ice cubes and he enjoyed it.

"Oh I'm disgusting?!" he snapped pushing people off of him and standing up glaring at me. "If I'm disgusting then what does that make you? You're the one who's been feeding on me at your leisure."

"What?!" I screeched advancing on him. "My leisure, are you kidding me?! I wouldn't have looked at you twice had you not threatened to kill my friend! Not to mention, you broke into my house! I don't want anything to do with you!" I yelled and everyone was staring at us. I didn't even care.

I was so angry...the only problem was I didn't know why. I mean yes, he broke into my house and yes, he tried to kill Octavia and yes, he was pretty much a murderer...

"You're despicable," I mumbled glaring at him. He scoffed and retorted, "And you are a gilte-loving, pathetic excuse for a Mythic!" I couldn't believe he used that word in public even in a room full of Mythics!

"Boys!" Sissy exclaimed. We both turned on her and shouted, "Shut up, Sis!" Her pretty face went hard and she stomped towards me grabbing me by the arm.

"Hey, he can say that because he's an asshole, but you're my sweet little brother. What's gotten into you?" she asked and I growled at her trying to jerk away.

"Nothing! I'm just angry! Everything is stupid. I hate parties! Why am I here? Let go of me!" I grumbled pulling on my arm. Her grip slipped and her brow furrowed. She wasn't used to being weaker than me. I wrenched my arm out of her grasp and she stumbled back.

"If you hate parties so much then leave," she snapped. I gnashed my teeth together and spun around muttering, "I will!" I stomped off towards the exit but my path was blocked by the black woman that filled me with rage.

"Get out of my way or I'll-"

"You'll what, huh?" she inquired smiling. My eyes glimmered blue as I glared daggers at her and I felt my horns sprouting from the top of my head. A growl rumbled low in my chest and she laughed. The sound felt like a knife cutting into my brain. How could one person possibly be so annoying by just existing.

She touched my face and closed her eyes sighing contentedly. I smacked her hand away from me and she laughed again.

"I never knew your kind to be so antisocial, incubus," she murmured reaching out to touch me again, but before she could a tan hand curled around her slender wrist and I looked up to see Quetz standing behind her, he didn't look happy.