Shopping Spree

I liked shopping...online. I mean sure you had to deal with things not fitting right or not looking exactly how they did on the website, but it was worth it to avoid all that human interaction. And getting packages in the mail was fun. It was like Christmas...only you knew what was inside the box.

Shopping online was fun. Shopping in-store was...I didn't want to say painful, but yeah, painful. Sissy like going shopping. When she wasn't having crazy naked orgies or partying it up at a club, you could typically find her at the mall or else maxing out her credit card buying lingerie online.

Apparently Octavia liked shopping too. Guess some things are universal regardless of species. Cue montage of Octavia and Sissy trying on a million different outfits and pairs of shoes.

When we finally left the mall, Octavia had seven new outfits and three pairs of shoes totaling over $300. I told her to get whatever she wanted...and now I was regretting it. Good thing I already paid rent this month.

Sissy ended up with four full outfits, including shoes, six pairs of sexy underwear and a few toys from the adult superstore in the plaza next to the mall and yet she only paid $25. She had no qualms about using her powers to get 'discounts' even though it was very illegal. If every Mythic who could use their powers to charm free stuff out of store proprietors did so the global economy would crash.

I didn't buy anything. Sissy tried to force me into multiple outfits of varying degrees of humiliating, but after enduring her little fashion show the night before I steadfastly refused. I almost got a maroon shirt covered in cute little line-work cats.

"That's a girl shirt, you know," Octavia signed and I replied, "So? I like it." She just smiled and left to look at something else. I put the shirt back. I didn't need anymore clothes anyway. I ended up being glad I left the shirt. I paid full price for things.

A few hours later we returned home and I asked, "Do you want me to wash the clothes before you wear them?" Octavia shook her head and began placing her clothes in the nearly empty hall closet.

"You can wash these, Chase," Sissy trilled tossing the bag full of underwear at me. I caught the bag before it hit me in the face and grimaced.

"Or you could wash it tomorrow after you clean your room," I said and she returned my grimace before taking the bag back from me.

"Yeah! Fine!" she muttered dramatically lugging her shopping bags into her room. Octavia came back and sat down on the couch with her new 9" x 11" picture frame. She carefully slotted the signed letter from Taylor into the frame and made a few squeaky sounds of delight.

"Thank you so much, Chase," she gestured setting the autograph on the side table by the couch. I looked at her and smiled.

"You're welcome, Octavia," I said and she sighed shaking her head.

"I don't know how I'm even going to begin to repay you," she signed slowly and I felt my heart pounding in my ears. I didn't want her to think she had to repay me. I set my hand on her shoulder and murmured, "I did this because I wanted to, Octavia. Your gratitude it enough." She perked up and signaled, "I know! I'll make you dinner!"

She jumped up off the couch and asked, "What do you want?" I shrugged and replied, "Whatever. I'm not picky." She whisked away to the kitchen and I followed her. She suddenly hesitated and looked at me.

"Are you even hungry? I mean...with Barapha-" her face started going a bit pink. "How does that work exactly? I know you said you don't need human food and I've never seen you eat anything. When you feed off people does it fill your stomach or not?"

I laughed and replied, "It's kind of hard to explain. The life essence of living creatures isn't solid so it doesn't fill my stomach, but my cellular anatomy is different from yours. My cells don't require glucose to create energy like yours do they--" I cut off in response to her confused expression and said, "You know what? I'm not gonna get into it. You don't have to make me anything but if you want to I'll eat it. Sometimes I miss how real food tastes."

She smiled and said, "Then I will make something extra yummy!" She walked over to me and placed her hands on my chest pushing me out of the kitchen.

"So you go relax and I'll call you when it's ready," she signed and I grinned.

I had just sat down on the couch when there was a knock at the door. I sighed and got back up and opened the door.

I should have looked through the peep hole. If I did I might have been able to prepare myself for...