Breaking and Entering

The door of our apartment was unlocked. That was great considering I didn't have my keys, but I could have sworn Sissy locked the door when we left. I set Octavia on the couch and looked around.

Nothing seemed out of place but it was hard to detect any specific scents when Sissy had people coming and going every night, plus Octavia and the lingering stench of a hundred different pastries.

I pulled off Octavia's shoes and kicked off my own before covering her up with one of the blankets I had set out for her when she first arrived. I set my jacket on the arm of the recliner and picked my glasses up off the coffee table. I put them on and the room went slightly out of focus so I took them back off. Feeding healed my eyes. That still amazed me. Μητέρα freaked out the first time I told her I couldn't see far away. She had never heard of a near-sighted incubus.

I glanced at Octavia still sleeping with a small smile on her face before going to check the rest of the house just in case. The kitchen was empty except...it looked like there was a container of cookies missing. Maybe Sissy took them to Veg Fest earlier and I didn't notice.

I checked the hall bathroom and Sissy's room and bathroom and they were all empty. Hmm, maybe I was being paranoid and Sissy just forgot to lock the door. I went down the hall to my room and stopped just short of the door. I tilted my head to the side. It was colder near my door than in the rest of the apartment.

Shit.

I shoved open the door, unwilling to believe what I was sensing and I nearly slammed it shut again at what I saw.

It was Barapha.

He was lying on my bed, his arm crooked behind his head propped up on a pile of my pillows, the missing tub of cookies resting on his stomach half empty and he was reading one of my Black Butler manga!

I blinked several times in shock still standing in the doorway before I finally shrieked, "What are you doing here?!"

He casually turned a page in the manga before setting it down open on his chest and he looked at me with a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie hanging out of his mouth.

"Your door was unlocked," he said removing the cookie from his mouth.

"No, it wasn't!" I growled and he smiled adorably.

"Okay maybe I picked the lock. These are really great cookies. Did you make them?"

"What are you doing here?" I asked ignoring his compliment. I was suddenly worried for Octavia's safety. He sat up the tub of cookies sliding off his muscular abdomen and into his lap and he carefully set the manga on the bed.

"I told you I wanted to go somewhere private so we could finish what we started," he said before shoving the cookie into his mouth and crunching it to bits.

"I'm not finishing anything! You need to leave before Sissy comes home," I hissed angrily. I can't believe this freak just broke into my house.

"Oh she'll probably be a couple more hours at least. You know her, life of the party, but when she feeds on humans she's gotta make sure each one gets home safely." He rolled his eyes and muttered, "Ridiculous."

"How did you even get here before me? I would've seen you--"

"I can teleport, Chase," he suddenly disappeared in a swirl of ice and snow and reappeared before me so abruptly I nearly fell through the open doorway. "Remember?" He caught me by the collar of my shirt and pulled me upright reaching behind me to close the door.

"Wouldn't want to wake up your pet."

"She's not my--"

"Shh," he whispered pressing a long, icy finger to my lips. My face immediately began burning with embarrassment and he sighed at the warmth.

"You more than satisfied my hunger at that club, but feeling you all warmed up and ready to go...it would be a waste not to..." he trailed off and removed his finger from my lips his hand moving back to clasp the nape of my neck, his fingers tangling in my dark hair. He leaned forward and pressed his lips to mine draining the warmth from my face slowly and sweetly. He was no longer hungry so he could afford to take his time...to make this perfect.