Breathless

"Now, where were we?" I asked nipping at Barapha's ear. He chuckled and touched my face drawing it up to meet his. I smiled and leaned in to kiss him. His hand moved away from my face to my neck, frigid fingers trailing down my spine to slip up the back the back of my shirt. I gasped softly at the coldness of his skin, my lips parting against his. My hands tangled in his silky white hair, and I rested my forehead against his, a sudden fever boiling within.

"Gods, you're so hot," he moaned placing his palms flat against my back beneath my shirt and pressing his forehead more forcefully against mine.

"Shh," I whispered covering his mouth with my own and flooding him with heat. His fingernails dug into my flesh as I tugged at the bright sapphire thread of his life. My mind was suddenly blank with ecstasy. Goosebumps sprang up along my bare arms as he siphoned the heat from my body. Relief washed over me so pure it almost hurt.

Just as the cold was becoming too much to bear, my muscles spasming in a constant shiver, the dimming furnace in my chest kicked into overdrive. After skipping several beats, my heart began pounding hard and fast pumping blood like lava through my veins. I suddenly felt like I was on fire, my hands and feet tingling painfully as heat flooded my extremities. My vision hazed with blue fire, and I thrust myself against Barapha, my hand curling around his neck to hold him still as I violently kissed him.

Barapha moaned against me, his hands moving from my back to my chest, causing my shirt to ride up my ribs. Though I loathed to do so, I pulled away slightly to gasp, "T-take it off!" I was burning up, sweat dripping down my spine, the air around us steaming as heat met cold. Barapha wrenched my shirt off over my head and I clawed at his, ripping it off and tossing it aside before throwing myself at him.

Barapha pulled me into a tight hug, our chests mashed together. I sighed at the cold, red light roiling beneath my skin. I let it go and the light spread from my skin to Barapha's clawing its way into him. His toes curled and his breathing sped up as he groaned, "Fuuuck me."

I pulled back and looked at him, light brown skin flushed indigo as his dark blue blood rushed to the surface. His eyes met mine and I could see the reflection of myself in his eyes...a beautiful creature with eyes blazing azure.

"D-don't stop," Barapha murmured yanking me closer. I obliged and pressed my mouth against his, my hands moving to his face as his lips parted. I felt his tongue refreshingly cold against my own and I continued feeding until the fire within dimmed and I could finally breathe. 

Once I had taken my fill, I rolled onto the cushion beside him breathing hard and blinking glitter from the edges of my vision.

"Y-you needed that as much as I did, huh?" Barapha mumbled sounding thoroughly exhausted though his skin was flushed with the heat he had taken from me. I glanced at him and replied, "After the day we had, damn straight." He smiled and his eyes drifted closed.

"Are you okay?" I asked and he murmured, "Mmhmm. Just..." He trailed off and sighed, "Wow." I felt a soft smile pull at my lips and I stared at him, slumped awkwardly on a couch that was way too small for him.

"You are really gorgeous, you know," I said and then blushed. I hadn't meant to say it out loud. He smiled without opening his eyes and slurred, "Oh yeah, a veritable Adonis."

"I'm serious," I insisted my eyes skimming his shirtless form, cutting across his prominent collar bones before taking in the muscles in his shoulders, his arms like pythons. I bit down on my bottom lip and reached out lightly touching his chest. My fingers danced lower feeling the curve of his abdominal muscles as they tensed beneath my touch.

"You're beautiful," I whispered sending micro-doses of heat drifting just beneath the surface of his skin. He sighed and leaned into the couch. I could feel the energy I had taken from him pulsing through my veins drawing me closer. My hands moved to his face, fingertips brushing gently across his closed eyelids, sweeping along his high cheekbones and the bridge of his nose before moving to trace the curve of his wide, sensual lips.

I leaned in and kissed him gently. It was a sweet, close-lipped kissed that only lasted several seconds. When I pulled away his eyes were open, glossy with wonder. I smiled nervously and made to turn away, but he caught me by the jaw and pulled me closer, pressing his lips against mine. There was no tongue, no feeding, just a pure, tender kiss that left me more breathless than the feed.