Vegans Do It Better

"You sure you don't want to hit Veg Fest with me? There's live music," Sissy asked checking her purse.

I paused the show I was watching on Netflix and replied, "I've had enough excitement for the week. You have fun, though." She pouted at me.

"But sexy vegan girls!" she whined and I rolled my eyes. She leaned over the armrest of the couch I was laying on, her face hovering over mine.

"Dreadlocks," she whispered with wide eyes.

                                           "Tie dye."

"Kombucha."

                                                                   "Soy milk."

With each word her face got closer to mine, her soft hair tickling my nose.

"Vegans do it better."

She kissed me on the forehead and I smiled.

"I don't want to go," I said and she sighed straightening up. I sat up and after a moment of her glaring at me with her bottom lip poking out I muttered, "Have a sexy vegan girl for me." She giggled and said, "Okay!"

She skipped towards the door and just as she was about to open it I said, "Wait!" She looked back at me.

"Don't you want to change?" I asked. She was still wearing the thin pink cotton tank top, spaghetti straps drooping off her flawless shoulders, her perky full C's and erect nipples clearly outlined. The lack of panty-line was painfully obvious under her matching polka dot short shorts.

"Are you kidding? It's like ninety degrees out." With that final word she left and I was alone again. I pressed play and settled back onto the couch to finish the episode of "Oh My Ghost" I had started. Usually subtitles kept me focused, but my mind kept wandering. I hadn't been keeping up with my Korean so I was only catching half of what the characters were saying. I pressed pause again and listened. I glanced at the screen. Soon-ae was begging Bong-sun to save her father. I'm such a Bong-sun...and Sissy is Soon-ae.

I turned the television off and stood up. I stretched my arms above my head and then decided to take a walk. I took my keys and locked the door and was completely intending to leave the building and take a walk around the garden surrounded by the appartment buildings, but I somehow found myself on the third floor heading towards room 319A.

The box was gone.