Second Time

I glanced at Barapha and let go of Quetz's hand before sitting down on the recliner. I considered the two of them for a long moment and then asked, "Is that how you really feel, Quetz or is Barapha making you say this?"

"I didn't--"

"I wasn't asking you," I said glancing at Barapha and then back at Quetz. Barapha huffed angrily and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Uh..." Quetz murmured looking at me and then at Barapha as if looking for an answer. Barapha wouldn't look at him. Quetz rung his hands nervously and then said, "I just want him to be happy and if being with you makes him happy then I guess...I'll have to deal with it. I-I do deal with it. He sees other people all the time." He looked at me and his golden eyes were glittering with the threat of tears.

"Though you're the first one he's...the first one he's gone to see a second time so maybe that means you're special," he mumbled looking down at his bare feet. His toenails were pointed like claws. He glanced at me and asked, "Barapha didn't say...I mean if you don't mind saying. What's your Myth?"

"I'm an Incubus," I replied, and his eyes widened his face flushing and he mumbled, "That explains it, I guess." I could be offended, but I was really still stuck on the fact that I was the first one Barapha had come back for. I wondered how long he and Quetz had been living together, how long it had been since Barapha revisited a flame. Sissy was nearly fifty years ago.

"S-so was the sex really that good or...?" he asked stammering adorably. It seemed Barapha had a type. He was so outgoing and outspoken I was surprised he had such a thing for shy, timid types. Maybe it was a balance thing.

"Wait what?" I exclaimed finally realizing what he just said. I shook my head and said, "No, we didn't have sex. He didn't tell you?" I looked at Barapha but he seemed preoccupied with the stitching on one of the decorative throw pillows.

"No, he didn't come home last night, and I was at work all day. I hadn't spoken to him since he went out last night," Quetz insisted. He shook his head and asked, "If you didn't have sex then what did you do all night?"

I was consistently surprised that people thought the only thing two individuals could possibly do together was have intercourse. I mean I knew I was an Incubus, and it was expected of me, but come on!

"We mostly just talked and slept, and I fed from him a little bit, but it never went pass kissing," I said, and his eyes widened further in amazement his lips mouthing words he wasn't prepared to say out loud and he glanced at Barapha and then at me.

He suddenly leaned forward so much he nearly fell off the couch and conspiratorially asked, "How did you get him to do that?" I could see it in his aura. What he wanted from Barapha was more than just physical intimacy. He wanted emotional intimacy as well and his question confirmed it.

"I just told him I didn't want to have sex and he agreed to do other stuff," I said and Quetz looked confused.

"You didn't want to have sex?" he asked his voice just as confused as his expression. I nodded and he shook his head saying, "But you're an Incubus." I forced myself to keep a polite tone as I replied, "Yes, and I'm also asexual." he looked even more confused.

"B-but then how do you--how do you feed?" he asked trying so hard to make sense of the information he was being presented with. I sighed and a little more sharply than intended retorted, "Very carefully."

Barapha laughed and Quetz looked at him his cheeks tingeing pink and he asked, "H-how could you not want to make love to this creature? Have you not s-seen him? He's fucking gorgeous." Barapha grinned and leaned towards Quetz taking the Amphithere's face in his hands.

"And that's why I keep coming back to you," he mumbled pressing his lips against Quetz's.

I watched them kiss with a small smile on my face. I liked watching people kiss. Especially two very attractive men. I didn't feel sexual attraction, but I did feel a great deal of aesthetic attraction and what was more aesthetically pleasing than two beautiful men kissing?

I heard footsteps and the clatter of a plastic spoon hitting the wooden floor. Barapha and Quetz parted, and I turned to look at Octavia who had just come out of the kitchen.

"Dinner's ready," she signed hesitantly keeping her eyes locked on Barapha. I could smell the fear and the hatred emanating from her pores.

Barapha grinned at her, revealing teeth that seemed just a little too sharp and he said, "Great, I'm starving."