Ice Cold

I wasn't usually bothered by the cold. Every winter Sissy and I would drive a couple of hours out of the city to the mountains. We liked to roll in the snow. Sissy had ways to manage the heat boiling inside her, namely engaging in furious sex with any attractive Mythic she could get her hands on. I on the other hand wasn't as adept so Sissy shoved handfuls of snow down the back of my shirt.

This was not like that. This cold was not something that settled on the skin. This cold was not even like the time Sissy dared me to walk out on the frozen lake by the cabin where we grew up and I fell through. This cold invaded me. It sank into my pores and flooded my veins, I felt it rattling through my head like an icy storm.

It grabbed at my muscles and penetrated my core. I was seized by a violent, never ending shiver, but for the first time in my life I didn't feel the heat. Regardless of how much an incubus feeds the heat remains pulsing through them like the blood of their life...but right now I couldn't feel it. I couldn't feel anything but mind-numbing cold. My brain was white with it.

My vision was fogged like a layer of ice had frozen over my eyes and sound crackled in my ears. She was blurry but I could see Octavia her face contorted with panic her hands signing frantically. I couldn't tell what she was saying. I could hear Sissy yelling, but I couldn't see her.

Soon I ceased shivering, he had gone beyond shivering. Sounds became muffled, my vision blurred even further or maybe I shut my eyes, I couldn't tell. Was I dying? Could I freeze to death? The thought had never occurred to me. Hm...This wasn't unpleasant. Maybe freezing to death wouldn't be so bad.

I didn't even feel cold anymore, I felt quite warm actually, but comfortably like sinking into warm bed sheets on a winter night, not the raging fire I sometimes felt. This wasn't so bad...but I was tired. I could fall asleep and never wake up.

Suddenly Octavia's face flashed across my minds eyes in blinding detail. Oh, right. Her. What would she do if I died? Would Sissy take care of her until she was able to take care of herself? What about Sissy? Who would take care of Sissy? She didn't even know how to operate the clothes washer.

The comforting warmth suddenly became uncomfortable. I was hot. I was really hot. The fatigue faded and I felt my skin tingling and burning like when you take a hot shower after being out in the cold for a while. I felt my heart thudding faster and faster, pumping searing hot blood through my veins.

It was so hot in here. I felt like I was boiling. My body was flooding with heat. It thought I was dying so it was trying to compensate. My eyes snapped open and I could feel warm water dripping down my face. Tears?

I was no longer numb. I could still feel Barapha's arms twined around my body and other hands pulling at me, trying to yank me out of Barapha's grasp. I also felt something else. I glanced down with my newly cleared eyes and my face flamed with embarrassment.

Barapha's right hand was in my pants.

I let out a shriek and jerked upright the back of my head slamming into something very hard that cracked like breaking ice. Barapha let out a cry of pain that sounded suspiciously like a cry of pleasure and the hand in my pants grabbed at me. I grunted and grabbed his wrist trying to yank his hand out of my pants.

"Oh, Chase, you are magnificent. I thought you were a goner, but you constantly surprise me. I could play with you for hours!" Barapha cried and I growled. He was still feeding off of me. The hand around my neck was sapping the heat from my veins, but I was angry and producing faster than he could consume and it was getting him off.

"Let go of him, Barapha!" Sissy shouted and I could see her out of the corner of my eye, tugging at him futilely, her hands red from the cold of his body. The second set of hands on my body belonged to Octavia. She was trying to pull me away. That was dangerous. Why would Sissy let her do that? My eyes found her face and the look of determination in her eyes was astounding. Sissy didn't let her do anything.

I sighed and closed my eyes. I knew I shouldn't have agreed to go out tonight. We should've gone to a human club. This never would have happened at a human club.

There's nothing for it, I guess.