Weird Like How?

"Are you alright?" I asked my eyes following the path of her pencil as she copied down the numbers and formulas. She looked up at me for a second and then looked back down at her paper.

I sighed and turned to leave, but before I could she grabbed onto my shirt sleeve. Without looking up from her paper she signed with one hand, "When her fingers touched mine I felt weird inside." I was afraid something like that had happened.

I hesitated for a moment before asking, "Weird like how?" She finished copying and ripped the pages out of her notebook stapling them together with a purple mini-stapler. She tucked the papers into a green binder and then looked at me. Her cheeks were flushed and her eyes glistened.

"Like I wanted to rip her clothes off," she signaled in a fluster before leaping off the stool and heading towards the living room. I sighed and followed after her.

"It's alright, Octavia," I said finding her curled up on the couch hugging a ratty stuffed dog.

"That's how everyone feels when they touch Sissy. It's part of being a Succubus," I continued sitting down next to her. She glanced at me and as if she just realized she was hugging a stuffed animal she blanched and shoved it back into her bag.

"I don't feel like that when I touch you," she signed after a moment. I shrugged and mumbled, "Some of us know how to control ourselves." She considered me for a moment and then asked, "So you could do that too if you wanted?" I thought for a second and then shrugged. She made a face and said, "You don't know?" I shrugged again noncommittally and she grimaced.

She held her left hand out and with her right she spelled, "Try." My eyes widened behind my glasses and I shook my head. She stuck her tongue out at me and said, "Afraid you won't be as good as your sister?" I felt my face burn and I took her hand in mine. She stared straight into my eyes and after a second her eyelids started fluttering and her body started shaking and her hand went rigid in mine. Her body jerked side to side and I wrenched my hand away in shock.

She stopped shaking and winked at me.

"Just kidding. Nothing happened," she signed and I clutched at my chest exhaling in relief. She let out that weird gasping laugh and I threw a throw pillow at her.

"That's not funny!" I yelled and she only laughed harder.

"It's a little funny. You should have seen your face!" she signaled still laughing. I shook my head pushed my glasses back up on my own.

"Okay serious this time. Try it," she said holding out her hand. I raised an eyebrow at her and slowly took her hand. It was soft and cool. Her fingernails were cut short and clean.

I didn't even know how to do what Sissy did. It should have been natural. It was work to keep the Heat in not let it out, but I had been holding back for so long I didn't remember how to be what I was. I didn't like manipulating people's feelings. I didn't think it was fair...but Octavia was asking for this. She was asking for me to manipulate her feelings.

I stared at her hand and tried to remember how things had been at the beginning. I didn't have to try at the beginning. Like Sissy I was a ticking time bomb of sexual energy. I didn't know what I was doing, but a simple touch would knock people off their feet and turn even the most civilized into depraved animals.

Sissy knew how to use her power. She felt the attraction she doled out. I didn't. I had never been attracted to anyone in that way. Sure I knew when someone was attractive, I knew feeding gave me pleasure...just not that kind of pleasure.

I held her hand with her palm against mine. I felt its texture and its weight and I thought about Octavia. How she made me feel. It was odd. I cared about her already. I was polite enough, compassionate, empathetic, but I didn't make friends easily. Octavia was my friend. We knew each other less than a day and already I thought of her as a friend.

I looked up into Octavia's eyes and noticed that my glasses were fogging. I was embarrassed and my face was filled with warmth. Octavia covered her mouth with her free hand to stifle a giggle and I again noticed how pretty she was.

I stroked the back of her hand with my index finger and a trail of red light pulsed underneath her skin following my fingertip. I smiled. I did it. I looked back up at her, but before I could say a word she lurched forward and her lips smashed against mine.