Horny Werewolves

I sighed and drummed my fingers against the table top. People were moving and shifting around looking for their next date. I glanced over at the bar and thought maybe this would go easier if I were a little drunk. Just as I was about to get up to try and awkwardly charm a White Russian out of the bartender a man sat down across from me. He was at least a foot taller than I was, with beautiful olive skin and shaggy hair dyed blonde and twisted into dreadlocks that were dark brown at the roots. His bone structure was to die for and his eyes were an unusual shade of goldish-hazel...he was perfect...too bad he smelled like a wet dog.

"Are you Chase?" he asked and his voice was husky, but not as deep as I was expecting. I nodded and looked down at the crumpled paper in my hand.

"I'm Tate," he said holding out his hand. I noted his name on the paper and would have felt immense satisfaction if I had been able to cross it off. Crossing things off lists gave such a sense of accomplishment. I returned to the present and tentatively took the man's hand. His skin was warm, but not as warm as mine and his grasp was surprisingly tender for a werewolf.

"So, um, what made you try speed dating?" Tate asked releasing my hand. I smiled and placed my hands in my lap. At least this one was trying to start an actual conversation.

"I didn't really. My sister signed me up without me knowing. I guess she thinks I spend too much time alone...or something," I muttered and his expression wavered slightly. I couldn't blame him. Who would want to chat with someone who didn't really want to be here.

"Uh, what about you?" I asked trying to make an effort. The man shrugged and replied, "I guess I think I've been spending too much time alone as well." There was a moment of awkard silence after that.

"So this questionnaire thing says that we are 95 percent compatible. Weird, huh?" the guy said and it was my turn to shrug. I looked down at my questionnaire at the results and was surprised.

"Apparently I'm at least 90 percent compatible with all of my matches," I said looking over the answers Sissy had given. About three out of the thirty-five questions had correct answers. Name. Age. Species. All the questions about ideal dates and interests, likes and dislikes were a little off if not outright wrong.

"Really? You're the only 95 I got. I don't have any other matches above 70," he said. I shrugged again. Sissy knew how to rig these things.

"So you like sports?" Tate asked. I grimaced and replied, "Not really." Tate laughed and said, "I guess that's the five percent we don't match." I made myself laugh back.

"What about hunting?"

"No."

"Martial arts?"

"Nope."

"Cars?"

"Not particularly."

Tate looked at me and he seemed exasperated.

"How are we a 95 percent match?" he asked and I shrugged.

"My sister filled out the questionnaire for me...I guess she stretched the truth a little," I mumbled. The man hesitated and looked at his digital watch, then he leaned across the table and whispered, "I might have stretched the truth on my questionnaire a little too." He glanced around conspiratorily and then continued, "I'm not actually that into dudes, but I heard somewhere that there was gonna be an incubus here. I've been with a succubus before, not your sister unfortunately though I clocked her when she came in, The one I was with was wild and she might've mentioned that incubi are like ten times as good. Please tell me the one thing we have in common is a wicked sex drive," He said grinning at me and I sighed.

"No, looks like we have absolutely nothing in common." I sat back in my seat and crossed my arms over my chest. He blinked and said, "But you're an incubus. You have to--"

"I have to nothing!" I replied sharply and the bell dinged for us to move on. Tate growled irritably and I waved tauntingly as he left.