Aftercare

"You're miraculous, you know that," Barapha murmured sometime later his cool fingers skimming up and down my bare arm in soothing strokes. I snorted and looked away my face flaming. He sighed and his hand moved to caress my cheek plucking heat from my skin.

"I mean it, Chase. I've taken enough warmth from you to turn at least four humans into ice sculptures. You are absolutely miraculous," Barapha said and giddy as I was from the recent feed, I couldn't suppress the giggle that sprang to my lips.

"Aw, that was cute," Barapha teased pinching my cheek.

"Shut up," I retorted smiling even as I slapped his hand away. He caught my hand in his and brought it to his lips asking, "Do you still want to be alone tonight?" I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder mumbling, "I don't know. You're the only person I don't feel utterly exhausted being around."

He was silent for a long moment. Finally, I looked up at his face. He was staring at me, his cool blue eyes shimmering. My brow creased and I straightened up asking, "What? What's wrong?" He blinked several times before looking down at our interlaced fingers and mumbling, "I honestly think that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me."

I felt emotion suddenly burning in the back of my throat. He laughed nervously and shook his head adding, "In case you hadn't noticed, I'm kind of an asshole."

"That hasn't been my experience," I said, and he met my gaze holding it for a few seconds before scoffing and pulling me into a tight hug. I smiled softly and curled my arms around his back, tucking my face into his chest.

***********************************************************************************

Sissy stumbled back into the apartment a little after four in the morning. I had fallen asleep on the couch after binge-watching 'Psych' on Prime Video.

"Ooh, baby brooo!" Sissy sang twirling around and landing FLUMP on the couch near my feet. I awoke with a jerk and glanced blearily at her before looking at my watch. I sighed and flopped my head back down on the pillow. Sissy leaned over me crushing me with her weight and asked, "Where's Baraphapha, baby boo?" The smell of liquor wafted into my face. I groaned and pushed her off of me replying, "He left a couple hours after you did. Now, go shower, you smell like a frat house."

She laughed raucously and heaved herself to her feet swaying dangerously in her heels. I sighed and stood up pushing her back onto the couch and stooping to remove her shoes. Then I helped her to her bathroom, sat her down on the toilet lid and started the shower.

I was about to leave, when she whined and reached out to me saying, "Brubby, help." I rolled my eyes and helped her pull her skintight top off over her head and unhook her lacy push-up bra. I grabbed her hands and heaved her up off the toilet lid before helping her shimmy off her mini-skirt and silk panties.

I was about to leave when she grabbed my arm and whined, "Shower with me, Brubby. Just like when we were kids." I shook my head and pried her hands off my arm saying, "Oh no, Sis, I'm not falling for that. You shower by yourself, and I'll be right outside the door with some makeup remover and moisturizer." She pouted a bit before climbing into the shower. I sighed and left her bathroom.

I strode over to her vanity and gathered up all of her nighttime skin care products. About twenty minutes later, I heard the shower shut off and Sissy exited the bathroom in a cloud of steam wearing nothing but a towel wrapped around her hair. I held out an oversized t-shirt and she waved it away, roughly drying her hair and climbing into bed.

"No, no, don't go to sleep, Sis. You need to take off your makeup first," I said applying makeup remover to a cotton round. She groaned and pressed her face into her pillow. I sighed and prodded her until she rolled over and let me clean the smeared makeup off her face and apply some toner and a moisturizing night cream. Then I tucked her into bed and left her room trudging down the hallway towards my own to get a few more hours of sleep.