Safe

The rest of the day passed swiftly and soon I was on my way home. I could hear giggling before I even reached the apartment.

"So, we decided to continue the party, huh ladies?" I asked opening the door to find Sissy, Thomasina and Mackenzie lounging on the couch wineglasses in hand.

"Heeeyy, boooo!" Kenzie exclaimed rolling off the couch and stumbling over to me wobbling in her six-inch platform boots. She slung her arm around my shoulders and leaned in close saying, "You are going on a date tomorrow." I rose an eyebrow at her and replied, "I'm aware." A wide smile spread across her face, and she poked me in the cheek with a long, glossy black nail.

"You know what that means," she sang, and Sissy and Thomasina rose their glasses shouting, "Makeover!" They all jumped up and began dragging me towards Sissy's room.

"No!" I exclaimed, "Sis, we already did this, and it didn't exactly turn out awesome!" Thomasina pinched my cheeks and said, "Oh, it's different this time, four-eyes. This time we're here." They shoved me unceremoniously into Sissy's room and locked the door behind them before flinging open the closet.

I sat down on Sissy's bed with a loud sigh and muttered, "I'm going ice skating, you freaks. I'm wearing sweatpants." Kenzie rolled her eyes and said, "If I can walk around Children of the Night for nine hours in eight-inch heels, you can ice skate in skinny jeans." She snatched a pair of distressed, black skinny jeans from Sissy's closet. I groaned and flopped back onto the bed glaring up at the ceiling.

Thomasina towered over me, looking me over with her icy blue eyes. After several seconds she said, "I think we should pierce his lip." My eyes widened in fear.

"Oooh! Or dye his hair!" Kenzie added appearing on Thomasina's arm. She looked down at me and asked, "What do you think, Chase? Orange streaks or purple?" Thomasina gestured at me and said, "We could just do his whole head. What about green and blue?" I lurched up into a sitting position and quickly moved away from them saying, "I'm going to make some tea. Anyone want?"

Kenzie and Thomasina laughed raucously and turned back to the closet. Sissy smiled and waved a tank top covered with black and silver sequins. I shook my head and made my escape darting into the kitchen. I would definitely breathe easier once Kenz and Tammy were gone. Having all three of them together was terrifying.

I was sitting at the kitchen counter sipping tea and flicking through a book when Sissy, Mackenzie and Thomasina emerged.

"We have laid your ensemble out on your bed, little brother," Sissy announced throwing her arms around me and fiddling with the book I was reading.

"And Kenz has her piercing kit right here," Thomasina said her hand darting out to grab ahold of my lower lip. I struggled and she laughed saying, "Just kidding, four-eyes." She released my lip and continued, "We should do your tongue instead." I jerked back as she reached forward falling off my stool and ducking out from under Sissy's arms.

"Relax, Chase," Sissy said, "Didn't you used to have an eyebrow piercing?" I grabbed my mug of tea and replied, "It was the seventies, Sis, everyone had an eyebrow piercing and as I recall, it hurt like hell."

"Only for a moment," Thomasina muttered. Kenzie punched her in the arm and said, "She's just kidding, Chase. I left my piercing kit at home. But I do think I have some hair bleach here somewhere." She began digging through her purse and I blanched.

"Alright, girls, I think we've teased the poor boy enough," Sissy sighed escorting her friends out of the kitchen and towards the door. I tentatively followed after them. They hesitated by the door and Sissy said, "I had a really great time today. We should do this more often."

"Definitely!" Kenzie replied and Thomasina nodded.

"I'll text you later," Sissy continued before hugging each of them. Soon they were gone, and I was safe to relax.