Sissy Reacts

"What do you mean she's moving in with us?!" Sissy shrieked following me into the apartment where I set down Octavia's things in the living room.

"Exactly what it sounds like, Sissy," I replied returning to the hallway to make my way back to Octavia's. She stared after me for a moment and then followed in a frenzy.

"She can't!" she shouted. I rounded on her before I reached the stairs and she nearly ran into me.

"Why?" I asked crossing my arms defiantly. She gestured wildly, her breasts bouncing, the braids in her hair flying.

"We don't know her," she hissed finally and I blinked and then laughed sharply.

"You bring strangers into our home nearly every day." She pointed at me with a perfectly manicured finger and said, "That's different and you know it." I rolled my eyes and started down the stairs. She groaned and followed after me.

"You can't let her stay with us," she said linking her arm tightly around mine. Her tan skin glistened with sweat that stank with supernatural pheromones, and the dried body paint someone streaked her with flaked off onto my shirt.

"I can and I will," I replied adamantly. She shook me violently nearly throwing me down the stairs and cried, "She's not a stray cat, Chase, she's a child! You can't just bring home a child!"

"She's not a child, Sis. She's sixteen. In two years this won't even be an issue."

"Two years is a long time."

"Two years is the blink of an eye to people like us."

"We can't do this, Chase."

I stopped at the third floor landing and jerked my arm out of her grip.

"Why are you so against this?"

"Why are you so for it?!" She snapped back and I instantly felt tears scractching at the back of my throat. I turned away from her and stared at the wall.

"I killed her father, Sis. I ruined her life. I have to do something," I mumbled and after a moment of tense silence she sighed and I felt her arms wrap around me from behind. She hugged me tight and I fought tears.

"So give her some cash. Help her find a foster family. Don't just say she can live with us."

I pushed her away with a scoff and said, "She doesn't want to go into foster care. She seemed terrified at the idea." Sissy looked at me annoyance and concern mixed up and splattered on her face.

"It's not forever, Sis. It's not even two years. Just until she finds a steady job and gets emancipated." She responded by setting her hands dramatically on her shapely hips and pursing her pink lips. I took a step closer to her and mumbled, "Plus you keep telling me we need another roommate because someone refuses to get a job."

"And I keep telling you that when you're this hot you don't need a job," she said with a smirk and I rolled my eyes but smiled nonetheless.

"So does that mean she can stay with us?" I asked tentatively after a few seconds of silence. Sissy tilted her head back and looked up at the ceiling before sighing loudly and saying, "Fine!" For some reason I almost jumped for joy.

"But!"

My jump of joy was halted.

"You have to take care of her. I don't plan on being involved whatsoever."

I rolled my eyes and muttered, "She's not a stray cat, Sis, she's a person." She thumped me on the back of the head and said, "I'm serious, Chase. She's a human. You're gonna have to explain how things work in our house..." She paused and then continued, "But if this is what you have to do to assuage your guilt or whatever...I'll support you."

I tackled her in a hug and whispered into her ear, "Thanks, Sis." She hugged me back, petting the back of my head where before she had hit me and murmured, "Yeah, yeah."