Fire and Ice

It was just like that night. Before I could form a coherent thought I leaped in between Octavia and Barapha and smashed my empty glass into the side of his head grabbing his face in the process and dragging it down to meet mine.

I could feel shards of glass grinding into my hand and into Barapha's light brown face.

"I said, she's mine, Barapha. Do you understand?" I inquired staring into his ice blue eyes that were wide with shock. This was unusual. I didn't usually act like this. I was a nice, timid person. I couldn't even blame it on the drink. I wasn't even buzzed. It had to be Octavia. He threatened Octavia.

"My, my someone's been eating all their fruits and veggies," Barapha teased smiling against the pressure of my grip. Frigid blue blood leaked from beneath my hand mixed with my own bright red and Barapha sighed.

He reached up and grabbed my wrist pulling my hand away from his face. I tried to resist but I wasn't as strong as him, not now. Bits of shattered glass fell to the floor and blood dripped down the side of his face. My own blood rolled down my wrist.

"Hmm...you're so warm, Chase," he murmured ripping a shard of glass out of my hand with his teeth. I winced and he spat the piece of glass onto the floor. I tried to wrench my hand out of his grasp but it was no use and suddenly I felt his ice cold tongue against my palm licking away my blood. He moaned with pleasure.

"Let go!" I cried trying once again to wrench my hand out of his grasp.

No one really noticed what was going on. This was a Mythic bar, altercations were left to work themselves out until property started getting destroyed. Sissy looked as if she were oblivious, sipping at her cosmo and flirting at her leisure, but she knew exactly what was going on and she would step in if things got to be more than I could handle.

The only one who looked shocked and appalled was Octavia. I glanced back at her but my face was jerked around to look at Barapha, his hand was freezing. A shiver rocked through my body and the tall man before me grinned, my blood staining his mouth.

"Don't ignore me, Chasey, it hurts my feelings," he mumbled childishly still holding my hand to his mouth. I tried to move but he was squeezing my jaw so tightly it ached.

"Come on," he whispered leaning towards me close enough that our noses were nearly touching. "Stop me." I felt an uncomfortable heat building in my core and burning through my veins and his skin was so cold. It felt nice.

His lips just barely brushed mine when suddenly he grunted and let go of me stumbling backwards.

What happened? I didn't do that. I glanced around and saw Octavia with her fists clenched and her foot returning to its spot on the floor. She had kicked him. Octavia just kicked Barapha. One of the most dangerous Mythics registered in the country and she just kicked him...and by the way he was folded over she had kicked him in a very sensitive spot.

I covered my mouth with my clean hand and began laughing hysterically. I couldn't help it. Several others began laughing as well. Sissy was shrieking with amusement and she fell off her bar stool and into some strangers arms.

"You little human bitch!" Barapha growled standing upright and the temperature in the room dropped at least twenty degrees. He lunged at her and she opened her mouth in a silent scream. I grabbed onto him, my hands clamping down around his neck and without thinking I pushed as much heat as I could manage into his body.

Barapha was a creature of ice and he fed off the warmth of living creatures and as an incubus I was a nearly inexhaustible source of heat. His knees trembled and he bit down on his bottom lip as pleasure rocked through his body. I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his.

He was so cold and I was so hot and as I siphoned the life out of him I could feel my insides cool. It felt amazing. But I hated him. He was awful. I couldn't believe I was doing this, right here, in front of everyone, in front of Octavia, but I couldn't stop. His icy hands clutched at me desperately sliding up the back of my shirt. Goosebumps sprung up all along my back. Oh, this was bliss!

His fingers slid down my body to the waist of my ridiculous leather pants and began tugging at the metal button. I thought about letting him do it. I was so high right now, I didn't think I'd mind, but we were in public and as far as I knew this wasn't one of those kinds of clubs.

I moved my hands from his neck and grabbed his wrists shoving his hands away from my body and pulling my face away from his. He strained against me but now I was stronger than him.

"Chase!" I vaguely heard someone shouting my name. Barapha dropped to his knees and his body trembled. I was draining him.

"Chase!" He had so much to give. He was immortal. Ageless. Older and more powerful than me and yet I had him on his knees. How oddly...satisfying.

"CHASE!!" I felt arms wrap around my mid-section and was suddenly wrenched away from this glittering pillar of ice and mind-numbing pleasure.