Time to Go

"Chase! Get your ass out here or I will drag you out!" Sissy shouted from the living room. She was getting impatient. I looked in Sissy's full length mirror and sighed. This did not feel right. I didn't even look like myself.

"CHASE MCMANUS!!! IF I MISS LATE NIGHT HAPPY HOUR I'MMA KILL YOU!" She shouted and I heard Octavia laugh. I groaned and shuffled slowly out of the room and down the hall.

Sissy grinned as I came into view and Octavia clapped her hands over her mouth, her grey eyes widening and her cheeks dusting red.

"That bad?" I muttered. She stared at me for a moment as if she hadn't understood what I said and then shook her head in a frenzy, her dark brown hair whipping back and forth.

"You look really good!" she exclaimed removing her hands from her face. I felt my own face grow warm and I looked at the floor.

"My arms feel naked," I said and Sissy laughed.

"That's because they are naked. Sleeves are overrated," she said flouncing over to me and whipping a small jar of pomade out of her purse. She scooped some onto her fingers and began pulling at my hair, tousling it back and forth until it looked like I just rolled out of bed.

"Is this really necessary?" I grumbled as she ran her warm fingers through my hair. She looked at me and smiled brightly.

"Yes, it absolutely is." She put the pomade back in her purse and pulled out something else. "As is this," she said uncapping a black eyeliner pencil.

I sprung away from her and firmly stated, "I am not wearing eyeliner!" Octavia was gasping with laughter, clapping her hands and nodding her head in approval.

"Just a little bit, Chase. We'll smudge it and you'll look so punk rock," she said whipping off my glasses and tossing them onto the couch.

"I thought the point was making me not look like an androgynous twelve year old!" I exclaimed as she pinned me against the wall and placed the eyeliner dangerously close to my eye. I covered my face with my hands.

"You won't. You'll look like a gorgeous angel fallen from punk rock heaven. And trust me, no one will miss the fact that you are a dude in those pants," she said batting my hands out of the way. I looked down at the ridiculously tight leather pants she had forced me into and she took the opportunity to smudge eyeliner across my top lids. I squealed and she smudged the makeup further with her fingertips.

"Now the bottom," she said grabbing my chin with her left hand and gently pulling down on my cheek to reach my bottom lash line. I held my breath and froze in place so she didn't jab me in the eye.

"There, perfect!" she exclaimed capping the pencil and placing it back in her purse. I blinked and asked, "Can I have my glasses back?" Sissy pursed her lips at me and replied, "No. You don't need them." I frowned and started towards the couch.

"Yeah, I kind of do," I muttered picking them up. Sissy swooped in and stole them away from me. I lunged for them but before I could get them she shoved a mirror in front of my face. I paused and stared at my reflection. I looked ridiculous.

"I can't believe you did this to me," I whispered like Sissy had just murdered my parents.

"Oh stop being so dramatic. You look sexy af," Sissy said placing the compact back into her purse.

"I look like I worship Andy Biersack!" I hissed pulling at the distressed black sleeveless band tee studded with safety pins.

"Yeah, but after he stopped wearing all the dumb warpaint," she said waving her hand dismissively through the air. I whined and reached halfheartedly for my glasses but she ducked out of reach and threw a leather jacket at me.

"Too much leather, sis!" I cried and she rolled her eye mumbling, "No such thing." I sighed and pulled on the stupid leather jacket.

"I look dumb," I mumbled glancing at Octavia. She shook her head and cheerfully signed, "You look hot." My face grew warm and I straightened up.

"Really?" I had never been called hot before. It had always been 'cute' or 'adorable' and that suited me just fine. I felt comfortable being cute. Cute and adorable felt safe. Being called 'hot' and 'sexy' felt strange and uncomfortable...

Octavia nodded with a huge smile on her pretty face. The heat in my face traveled back to my ears and down my neck. I might have been okay with being hot tonight.

Sissy scoffed and muttered, "I just said that." I ignored her. She tossed me a pair of black no-show socks and my Converse and started towards the door. I guess it was time to go.