Encounter

"Do you realize we've time traveled?" I asked as a waiter presented us with drinks. Barapha took a sip of whisky and asked, "How's that?" I looked at him as if it were obvious.

"Dude, it was a little after 8pm Friday night when we teleported out. Now it's 10:30am Saturday. That's time travel," I said, and he laughed taking another drink and mumbling, "You are literally the cutest thing on the planet." I blushed and took a drink of my shōchū and soda. Barapha suddenly looked disappointed, and he said, "Oh no, that means I've lost like what? Fourteen hours of our weekend?"

I smiled sweetly and replied, "We can go to Hawaii after karaoke. It's not even 4pm Friday there." Barapha smiled and leaned back in his seat saying, "You're making me feel really special, Chase."

I set my drink back on the table and replied, "You are special, Barapha." He stared at me for a second, a light flush rising in his cheeks, and he cleared his throat, becoming suddenly very preoccupied with his whisky. I smiled to myself and took a drink glancing around the rooftop terrace bar on top of a shopping mall near the karaoke box.

"So, about this hoe phase?" Barapha asked after several minutes of silence. I sighed and he grinned saying, "You can't blame me for being curious, Chase and you did say you'd spill after a drink."

I considered him for a moment before knocking back the rest of my drink and setting my glass back on the table. I leaned forward and was about to speak when the waiter reappeared. He placed another Chūhai and whisky on the table.

"Courtesy of table five," the waiter said in Japanese before glancing back at a small table near the edge of the terrace. A gorgeous woman raised her glass to us, and I felt heat rise in my cheeks. The waiter left and Barapha laughed saying, "Looks like your sister isn't the only one who scores free drinks off strangers."

I took a hasty sip of my drink and mumbled, "This has never happened to me before."

"Not even during your hoe phase?" Barapha teased me and I squinted at him. He laughed and I said, "You know I don't really go places without Sissy and when she's around people don't tend to notice me."

Barapha set his elbow on the table and leaned forward murmuring, "How unfortunate for them." I smiled and closed the space between us pressing my lips against his. We kissed for several seconds before I pulled away. Barapha sighed and sat back in his seat. I took a long drink crunching an ice cube between my back teeth.

"You should have eaten before we left," he said, and I exhaled slowly fishing another ice cube from my glass. Barapha sipped at his whisky and asked, "So, how many people have you had sex with?" I almost choked on an ice cube. Barapha laughed and I coughed, taking another drink.

"I didn't keep count," I replied, and he tilted his head to one side. I held his gaze for a moment before mumbling, "Okay, yeah, I did, but only because back then Sissy had to make everything a competition." Barapha raised an eyebrow at me and inquired, "How far back are we talking?"

"A hundred and fifty years give or take," I mumbled, and his eyes widened as he said, "So you were young." I nodded and continued, "I came fully into my powers around seventeen and if you think I run hot now..." I trailed off and shook my head. Barapha smirked and said, "I can only imagine." I felt the heat rise in my skin and I said, "Anyway, Sissy is a few years older than me, and she was an early bloomer. She started getting the pangs when she was only fifteen." I shrugged and continued, "I was young, and she was the only example I had so I just sort of copied everything she did...men, women, Mythics, humans...It didn't particularly matter. All I knew was that I was hungry, and they had what I needed. So, I would feed, and they would fuck me. It seemed like an even trade."

Barapha stared at me with a crease between his white eyebrows. I laughed nervously and looked down at my drink mumbling, "I kept waiting for a spark, you know? For it to click, but it never did. I enjoyed the feed of course and even some of the lighter touching but for the most part my encounters were boring and tedious at best, painful and humiliating at worse." I jabbed at my drink with a swizzle stick and muttered, "Took me fifty years to realize I didn't have to do things like that. Of course, that meant basically starving for the next century and a half and some borderline incestuous interaction with my own sister." I shrugged and shook my head before taking a long drink.

Barapha stared at me for a long moment with his glass of whisky halfway to his mouth. Finally, he said, "I'm sorry for pestering." I shook my head and replied, "Don't be. I was the one who brought it up."

He glared into his glass and said, "I feel bad for you." I frowned and replied, "Don't. It was a long time ago and... Well, no one forced me to do those things. I thought it was correct for me to act in a certain way, so I did, and I take full responsibility for that. Please, don't feel bad for me."

Barapha squirmed in his chair, and he said, "When I imagine people... having their way with you it makes me very uncomfortable." He tapped on the edge of his glass and turned his head to look across the city as he took a long drink. I could see a light flush trailing down the sides of his neck and my expression flattened.

"It turns you on a little, doesn't it?" I asked and he glanced at me snapping, "I've got issues, okay." I raised my hands and bit back a smiled saying, "Far be it from me to kink shame, Barapha." He rolled his eyes and took another drink.