Relax

What the hell was wrong with me?

I grabbed a six month supply of flea, tick and heartworm prevention for dogs in Juno's weight class.

Incubi and Succubi weren't monogamous by nature. Maybe this was okay. I knew what Sissy would say. If you want both then take both, just make sure all parties know where they stand. That was what I needed to do. I needed to talk to Barapha and ask him what exactly he wanted from me. He was so powerful I didn't think I'd have any issues being with him and only him if that was what he wanted.

On the other hand, though Nikolai's lifeforce was incredibly potent, I knew he was mortal...in the worse way possible. I could tell when I fed from him, that his abilities didn't effect his lifespan or his vulnerability. If I went too far with him, he would die. I shook my head and gave the meds to someone behind the front desk mumbling who they were for and calling the next animal on my schedule.

***

I skipped my break to make up for being late so I was able to go home at my normal time. I was half expecting Octavia to be there when I arrived, instead I found a note from Sissy on the kitchen counter.

At movie premier with Tay. Screening at 9. After party at 12. Meet us and wear something nice this time. Check my closet. Should be a suit somewhere.

Love, Sissy

xoxo

I stared at the note for several seconds before crumpling it up and throwing it away. I wasn't in the mood to party. I went to shower, changed into my Harry Potter lounge pants and an oversized t-shirt decorated with tiny anthropomorphic cacti that said, 'Free Hugs,' and made myself a cup of chamomile tea before settling down in front of the television to finish 'A Scandal in Belgravia.' Irene Adler was a total dish. So confident.

I sipped my tea and sank deeper into the couch. Sometimes I wished I could be like Irene Adler. Confident. Commanding. Not afraid to take what I wanted...and sometimes I was entirely content with being my Molly Hooper self. Everyone underestimated a Molly Hooper.

About halfway through the episode my text alert sounded. I grabbed my phone off the coffee table and saw a message from Sissy containing an inordinate amount of exclamation points.

Where are uuuu!!!! Did u get my note???!!!! Come party!!!!!

I sighed and replied, "I've had enough social interaction for the week, Sis. You and Taylor have fun though." I set the phone aside and tried to focus on Sherlock. Several minutes later the phone began ringing and it was a video call. I groaned and pressed pause before answering.

"Come on, Chaaaase! It's gonna be awesome. I've seen the trailer for Tay's new movie and it's bomb! Just come for the screening. It should be over before midnight!" Sissy all but screamed into the phone. Her skin was pink with pleasure, her normally green eyes glittering blue. Someone obviously started the party early.

"Sorry, Sis. I'm really not in the mood. I'll catch the next one," I replied. Sissy turned to shout something to someone and Taylor appeared in the frame. His eyes shone eerily silver, the air shining around him.

"What's up, Chase? You coming to the screening, or what? I've got the best seats in the house," he exclaiming, white teeth flashing in a brilliant smile. Blonds weren't usually my cup of tea, but this persona of his was quite attractive.

"I'm really sorry, Taylor. I really just want to stay in tonight." And I had absolutely no problem saying it. Sissy couldn't guilt me into going out. She had tried many times, occasionally succeeding, but not this time.

"No worries, bro. I've already got another project lined up; a new television series. First episode should be ready for an early screening in about six months. You can come to that one," Taylor said and Sissy punched him in the shoulder before muttering something in his ear.

"I mean, uh...aww, sucks you can't come. I'm really...disappointed..." He shook his head, "I can't do this, Sis. If he doesn't want to come, that's fine. It's not his thing and that's cool. I don't want to force him." My eyebrows raised and I smiled. Sissy scowled and covered the phone camera with her hand. I could hear them bickering. I sighed once more. I would probably regret this later, but...

"Thanks, Tay, that means a lot. Good luck at the premier. Love you, Sis, have fun, byeeee!" I hung up, put my phone on silent and shoved it under the couch cushion before getting up to make another cup of tea. I would relax tonight if it killed me.