Makeover

"Fine, I'll go," I finally muttered pulling my hands away from her. I pointed at her and continued, "But only to keep an eye on Octavia so don't go trying to hook me up with anyone!" She grinned adorably and teased, "You know I can't promise that."

I sighed and left the kitchen.

"So can I go?!" Octavia gestured wildly as I came back into the living room. I considered her for a moment and then relented.

"Yeah, you can go, but I'm coming with you and I don't care how long Sissy is staying but we will be home by midnight not a minute later," I said and cringed at how like a parent I sounded.

She jumped up and rushed over to me throwing her arms around my neck and hugging me tight.

I froze momentarily at the contact, as unused to it as I was, but after a moment I hugged her back.

I could see Sissy over Octavia's shoulder and I could have sworn she looked jealous. Imagine that...Sissy jealous of me? Impossible.

Octavia pulled away from me with a brilliant smile on her face. Her expression suddenly fell and she frantically signed, "What am I going to wear?"

She sprung back over to the couch to her suitcase and opened it up before rifling through it like a mad woman.

"She looking for something to wear?" Sissy asked and I nodded.

"What you have on is fine, Octavia," Sissy said unintentionally (or was it?) slipping a bit of heat into her words.

Octavia looked at Sissy with a light blush covering her cheeks and then looked down at the fitted grey tank top and black skinny jeans she was wearing.

"Are you sure?" she asked and Sissy glanced at me. I told Sissy what Octavia had said and Sissy smiled, burgundy lips parting to reveal white teeth.

"You look positively delicious," Sissy said with a wink and Octavia smiled nervously, unsure if she liked being called 'delicious.' I stifled a laugh.

"You, on the other hand," Sissy announced pointing at me with a slender finger, "Are in serious need of a makeover." I looked down at the pink panda shirt and sweat pants I had been wearing since last night...she might have been right.

Octavia clapped gleefully and signaled, "Yay! Makeover!" 

I held up my hands in surrender as Sissy advanced on me and I took a step back.

"I'm sure there is something decent in my closet I could change into. No need to break out the montage music," I said defensively and Sissy frowned.

"Yeah, decent if you wanna look like an androgynous twelve year old hipster," Sissy muttered grabbing me by the arm and dragging me down the hall towards her room.

"We're having a little fashion show before we leave," she said to Octavia. "You can be the judge." Octavia made the weird gasping sound that was her attempt at laughter and jumped up and down excitedly.

When I invited Octavia to live with us I never thought her and Sissy would join forces against me. This was awful!

Sissy shoved me into her room and I looked around. The place was a mess. Articles of clothing were strewn about the floor and flung haphazardly onto the posters of her bed. There were half empty glasses of various liquids on almost every available surface from all of her 'visitors.' I would get in here tomorrow and clean up if I could.

"I'm not wearing your clothes," I stated adamantly crossing my arms over my chest. Sissy glanced back at me with a grin from her overflowing closet and said, "While I think you would look totally adorable in a leather mini-skirt, you do have other options."

I scoffed and looked away from her, my face burning.

"Ah! Here it is," she announced yanking a nearly full plastic storage container out of the back of her closet.

She opened the container and upended it releasing a tide of men's clothing in different sizes and styles.

"Do I wanna know where you got all that?" I asked warily and she beamed at me.

"Just all the clothes dudes leave here in hopes I'll try and return them," she replied wistfully picking through the shirts and pants and jackets. Thankfully there were no undergarments.