The Part Without Chase

"What time is it?" Sissy asked anxiously hopping off Taylor's motorcycle before it came to a complete stop.

"3:27," Taylor replied pulling off his helmet and running his hand through his dark hair before pulling a pair of extra dark Ray-bans out of his shirt pocket and slipping them onto his face. Sissy groaned and pulled her hair up into a ponytail causing a boy on a skateboard to run into a group of people leaving the school.

"We're late, do you see her?" she asked shading her eyes with her hand and looking across the street towards the front of the school. Taylor gazed at the throng of people streaming out of the school and removed a silver cigarette case from the front pocket of his jeans.

"No, I do not," he said sticking a cigarette in his mouth and returning the case to his pocket. Sissy sighed and danced anxiously side to side hopping up on her toes to get a better view. Another high school boy walking down the sidewalk turned to stare plowing right into the girl in front of him knocking the books out of her arms.

Sissy sighed again and muttered, "She probably came out, saw I wasn't here and walked to the station. Ugh, Chase is gonna be so pissed!" Taylor lit his cigarette and took a few puffs before replying, "We're not that late, Sis. She's probably still inside talking to a friend or teacher or something."

Sissy glanced at him and asked, "Didn't you manager tell you to stop smoking?" He leaned back against his bike and removed the cigarette from his mouth sliding his sunglasses down on the bridge of his nose to look at her.

"He said I could with this body because Parker smokes," he said and she pouted turning towards him.

"I like the one from yesterday better, the blonde one. Supes gorge," she murmured leaning forward to kiss him. She pulled a wisp of chi from his mouth and he sighed. She pulled away and he said, "I'd change for you, but this one's more easily recognized. It's like no one even realizes I was the main character in all three of the Bloodhoof Chronicles films."

She laughed and replied, "That's because you were a weird deer centaur thing and also a chick." He scoffed and said, "So? My name was clearly stated in the credits at the beginning and end of each film not to mention on the cover of every DVD sold and there were interviews--"

"Mystical white haired lady with four legs and antlers."

"I've been going to Comic Con as Elora Bloodhoof every year since the first movie came out. I have my own panel and yet no one recognizes me as her! Do you know how many love letters I get for Elora? Epic poems twenty pages long 'I sing of Elora warrior enchantress of Bloodhoof Village' blahdy blah blah and yet I walk down the street as her and I barely get a second glance!" he ranted waving his cigarette through the air.

"Well do you have hooves and antlers and are you shirtless?" Sissy asked stifling a laugh. He smoked a little and peered at her from behind his shades.

"No...I do at cons, but it's kind of inconvenient when I'm just going to the grocery store or something," he mumbled and she nodded.

"Well there you go--wait! You do your own grocery shopping?"

"Not as such, but you know what I mean," he said and she grinned sticking her tongue out at him.

"If you want to be recognized then why are you wearing sunglasses?" she inquired and he shrugged replying, "I can't be too obvious, can I?" He suddenly looked away from her and glanced towards the school.

"Octavia!" he shouted waving his hands in the air and she halted in her tracks halfway down the path leading from the school entrance to the gateway to the sidewalk and street on the other side of which Sissy and Taylor were parked.

Several people turned to look and a group of four girls squealed, "Is that Taylor Golan?!" Taylor grinned and the air around him sparkled.

"Octavia, we're here to pick you up!" he cried beckoning to her once more and she rushed across the street followed by a mob of teenagers and a few teachers. Taylor giggled delightedly and removed his sunglasses saying, "I love high school."