Penance

"Where did you go?" Sissy asked as soon as I walked through the front door. She was buck naked, the only towel in sight was being used to dry her hair. I was used to it. I walked past her and shut the door.

"The girl I saved last night lives in our building. I took some cookies and stuff to her apartment," I replied. Sissy stopped drying her hair and stared at me.

"Why?"

I shrugged and mumbled, "I don't know. I just made a lot of stuff and I thought it would be nice to share some with her. I think she lived there with him and now he's...gone and she's alone." Sissy sighed and said, "You should stay away from her. Sure Mythics are given lenience when it comes to killing humans, but she could still sue you for emotional distress."

She spun around, nearly whipping me in the face with her wet hair and went to get dressed. I followed after her and repeated, "But Sis, she's all alone." She ducked into her room and rifled through her drawers for a tank top and a pair of shorty shorts sans anything resembling underwear.

"I'm sure someone will take care of her. And if not well...I don't know. But it isn't your responsibility--"

"Isn't it though?" I interrupted and she looked at me.

"You saved her life."

"I killed her father."

We stared at each other, a pair of wills battling. Suddenly she relented and said, "Fine. Do whatever you want." She walked up to me and set both hands on my shoulders.

"Just don't get all stalkery. Girls don't appreciate that," She smiled and removed her hands from my shoulders. I scoffed and muttered, "It's not like I'm trying to date her. She's like fifteen." Sissy smiled and left her room. I sighed and left the room as well. I found Sissy in the kitchen picking delicately at a cupcake. I sat down at the counter across from her and asked, "So, what are you gonna do today?"