Nymph Yoga?

I woke up the next morning with my sheets tangled around my feet and sweat pouring down my spine. I rolled out of bed with a sigh and pressed the heels of my hands into my eyes. I was equal parts anxious about and eager for my date with Barapha and I already got the feeling that I would be an absolute joy to hang around for the next few hours.

I pulled my hands away from my eyes and sat up glancing at the clock on my bedside table. It was a little after seven and I could hear that Sissy was still fast asleep. I stood up with a groan and left my room, stepping across the hall and into the bathroom.

After taking an ice-cold shower I threw on an oversized Lilo and Stitch graphic tee and a pair of gym shorts and went to the kitchen to make a pot of coffee and a cup of iced green tea.

Sissy arose several hours later, breezing into the living room to place a kiss upon my forehead. She straightened up and said, "You're feeling a bit warm. Maybe you should go meet Barapha a little early."

I turned a page in my book and replied, "Good morning to you too, dear sister. There's coffee in the kitchen." She ruffled my hair and said, "You're a saint." I rolled my eyes and she flounced away returning a few minutes later.

She plopped down next to me on the couch and sipped at her coffee. I closed my book and turned to her asking, "What's on the agenda for today?"

She shrugged and set her coffee mug on the side table replying, "I don't know. Maybe some housework." I looked at her with a raised eyebrow. She blinked innocently and asked, "Which buttons do I press to wash the dishes?" I spent the next few minutes going over the finer points of house chores.

I was just getting into which brand of glass cleaner I preferred when her phone went off. She glanced down at it and abruptly stood, a grin spreading across her face.

"What's up?" I inquired as she started towards her room.

"It's Kenz," she exclaimed over her shoulder before disappearing into her room. I sighed and followed after her. I found her already stripped down and riffling through her closet.

"There's this new yoga studio across from where she and Tam live. It's supposed to be run by nymphs. She said she'd let me know when it opened." She yanked on a pair of designer leggings and a strappy pink sports bra and continued, "We'll take a class, hit the sauna, get a juice. Maybe pick up a naiad or a dryad," she shrugged, "Maybe a couple of each."

"So, that's a no on the housework then?" I asked and she waved her hand at me retorting, "I'll get it done, I promise." I smiled and watched as she sat down at her vanity and attempted to braid her own hair. After a moment she sighed and gestured at her head saying, "A little help here." I walked over to her and quickly tied her hair into twin French braids. She stood up and said, "Thanks, little brother." I followed her back out into the living room and stood aside as she grabbed her purse and pulled on her pink and white sneakers.

She strode over to the front door and turned to me saying, "I'll take the train so you can use the car. I'll see you tonight." She leaned into to kiss me on the cheek and muttered, "Or tomorrow if you decide to stay with him again." I could detect the slightest hint of bitterness, but it quickly disappeared as she trilled, "Love you!" and dashed out the door.