A Million Things

Barapha leaned forward, his body hovering inches above mine, cool puffs of air wafting the smell of my own blood into my face. His light blue eyes stared softly into mine and he asked, "Why are you crying, Chase?"

I looked up at him, my sight blurred with tears. I could feel my heart pounding in my ears. What was wrong with me? I shook my head and sniffled feeling the tears spill from the corners of my eyes, trickle past my ears and moisten the blanket under my head.

"I don't know, I'm sorry," I mumbled looking away from him. His right hand left the bed and I felt his fingers clamp down around my jaw and move my face back to look at him.

"Don't apologize, Chase. It's a good look on you," he murmured and I felt my face grow warm with embarrassment. He bit down on his bottom lip and the hand on my face moved down to my neck pulling down the collar of my shirt. He leaned down to kiss my collar bone and his left hand slipped up the front of my shirt, his fingers digging into my flat stomach.

I whimpered at the pain and grabbed his wrist trying to pull his hand away from my abdomen. His fingers relaxed and the pain left and I released his wrist my hand falling back to the bed.

His hand slid farther up my shirt cool fingertips trailing paths of ice across my torso to my chest causing my shirt to ride up my rib cage. He pulled away from my clavicle and placed a careful kiss at the hollow of my throat before he straightened up to stand with his knees on either side of my narrow hips.

He looked down at me for a moment and then took both of my wrists and raised my arms above my head before pulling my shirt off over my head. He touched my chest with his long, light brown fingers and I shivered. He sighed and skimmed his frosty fingers down my body circling my left nipple with his glass like fingernail, goosebumps erupting along the paths he took.

"You're so skinny, Chase," he murmured touching the ridge of my ribs, the curve of my hips peeking out over the waist of my pants.

"It's sad. You really should feed more," he said softly and I scoffed turning my head to the side and muttering, "You sound like my sister."

"You should listen to her," he said before lowering himself and kissing the skin above my belly button. "Not that I don't love this prepubescent girly boy look you've got going on," he mumbled his lips moving sensually against my flesh. I swallowed hard and my skin burned and he moaned pressing his fingertips gently against my chest feeling my heart race, sapping my warmth. His lips drifted down his tongue curving around my navel kissing my hip and moving lower.

My muscles clenched and I bit down on my tongue. I was ticklish across my pelvis. Barapha chuckled and moved lower his teeth clamping down on the button of my pants popping it right off the leather. He reached down with both hands and shimmied my super-tight pants down my hips.

I squeezed my eyes shut and my body tensed. Barapha hesitated and looked up at me.

"You're not really feeling this, are you?" he asked and I slowly opened my eyes looking down at him.

"I-I was until--I mean I don't really like--I'm not really into sex so, but-I mean if you really want to I guess--" I felt tears pricking once again at the corners of my eyes. I liked him. I knew I shouldn't have, but I did. He was mean. He broke Sissy's heart. He tried to kill Octavia. He broke into my house. He took pleasure in other people's pain...but I still liked him and I wanted him to like me, but I didn't want to have sex with him...I just didn't. All the stuff that had happened, the kissing, the touching, the nips of heat he stole from me like steam curling off my skin, it was nice, but I didn't have any desire to do anything more.

"I'm sorry, Barapha," I mumbled turning my head to glare at the wall on the other side of the room. He hummed a little tune and reached forward licking the tears from the side of my face.

"You are so innocent, Chase," he whispered his freezing lips at my ear. "There are a million things we can do that don't involve sex."