SBAWP | Chapter 34

The latest chapter is here!  I'm going to try to update again soon! I'll aim for two updates a week, but I can't promise specific update days right now (life's a little hectic--good hectic, but still).

THANKS FOR ALL THE BOOK TITLE SUGGESTIONS! ♥ ♥

In other news... 

• I'll be here to chat with you guys live on Saturday, March 24th from 10:00 to 11:00 in the morning (Toronto, Cacnada time) •

You can Google "time zone converter" to figure out what that would be where you are (I'll also post this link in the comments: https://goo.gl/UrqGiS). To join the chat, comment on the latest chapter! Ask me questions, say hello, yell at me, tell me I should update faster, give me advice on how to improve this book--you know, whatever you want, I'll be here. 

Dedicacted to Vampire reader pettybrowngirl for the most awesome 173 comments. I may be exaggerating with that number... just a little... or maybe I sat in my windowless room like a crazy person, counting them all... you never know! 

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ 

Logan

"Start from when you were walking home," I suggest. "Saf, Zara and Jess picked you up from school..."

"Yup," Nicki replies, popping the 'p'.

"And Kaitlin," Joshie chimes in.

"Kaitlin?" Father frowns. "What was—"

"She wasn't there," I interrupt. She couldn't have been.

"Yeah, she was." Nicki nods vigorously. "I saw her."

"Me too," Nisha adds.

"Well, she couldn't have been there," I snap. I can't believe they're making up stories now, when we need to find those rogues and rescue Jess.

"She was there," Nicki shouts. Nisha and Joshie nod.

"Kaitlin was still at school," I say patiently, trying not to raise my voice. I have to force myself to take a deep breath before I do something I'll regret. "I saw her as we ran out of the gym."

"And her scent wasn't anywhere near that clearing," Father adds. "If it was, the Trackers would have said so."

"That's because she left." Joshie sits up straighter.

"She left?" I raise an eyebrow. Maybe talking to the kids is a waste of time. I should just go back to the infirmary to sit with Saf, wait for her to wake up.

"When did Kaitlin leave?" Father asks, sounding equally annoyed.

"I dono," Joshie mumbles, looking away.

"Did she walk home with you or not?" he demands.

"She did." Nicki moves closer to Joshie, and her knee hits his leg.

"Ow," Joshie complains.

"So Kaitlin walked home with you guys," Father presses, "and then she left?"

The kids nod. I clench my hands into fists, losing patience, fast.

"She had a test," Nicki adds.

"Yeah," Nisha chimes in, "a math test."

Father frowns, and we exchange a look.

"Didn't she say something about Math? Remember?" I ask him. Maybe the kids aren't making stuff up, and we're actually getting somewhere.