99 | The untold secret.

Start from the beginning

"His This is Doctor Andres, Doctor of Miss Jannalyn. I made this call because I wasn't so sure if you got my emails about your results. I tried to contact you by calling you but it led me to so many voicemails. This was my only choice. I'm sorry, Miss, but your results came back and you diagnosed lung cancer-"

The voicemail was cut of by Matthew throwing a lamp at it causing it to fall onto the ground. i flinched at his actions but he had every right to be this angry at me. I looked at me and he was furious. He was staring at me with hurt, and anger in his eyes.

"Tell me that this is just some stupid fucking prank!" He punched the wall. "Tell me that this is just a prank and that you hired someone to call our phone and pretend that-" He sobbed. He was rambling demanding me to tell him that it was just a prank to get him.

"It's not a prank," I sobbed with him falling down to my knees. I crawled towards him to hold him but he roughly pushed me away and continued sobbing.

"Then they probably have the wrong number, right?! Maybe there's another Jannalyn! It's a very unique name, but how would we know? We should call them back and tell them they have the wrong number! Because they do!" He tried to laugh at it. I just sat in front of him, crying shaking my head at him. He just sat there coming up with excuses. He went to grab the phone and start dialing the number but I took it from his hands. When his eyes met mine, he fell to the floor again. "Tell me that it isn't true. Tell me that you're not leaving me. Tell me that you're not going to die. Tell me that you're not sick and that it's just a cold or a flu-"

"Matthew, I have lung cancer." I watched him but his bottom lips as hard as he could.

"Why did you keep this secret from me? From your own boyfriend?" I couldn't answer him. I was too afraid to speak. I was afraid to hurt him, but I didn't know that I already did. "Fucking answer me!" He jolted up pushing all the decorations we had on the table and kicked it down. "Why did you keep it a secret? What were you so afraid of?!"

"I was afraid of telling you because I didn't want to hurt you!" I stood up and faced him.

"You think that keeping it a secret wouldn't hurt me at all?" He clenched his jaw. "Who else knows?"

"No one! I couldn't tell anyone!" I sobbed.

"Wha- You should've told me! We would've got some help and get a cure!" I shook my head.

"That's the thing, Matthew. There's no cure." I sobbed.

"There has to be a fucking cure! There's always a cure for everything!" He argued.

"Yeah, well not for me, alright? There's nothing that's going to help me fucking live! I'm going to fucking die and you need to accept that."

"No, baby, I can't just accept the fact that my favorite person is leaving me!"

"Well, it's going to happen, alright? There's nothing you can do." He shook his head. "If you walk out the door and leave me, I wouldn't blame you. I would do the same thing. Like who wants to date a girl that's going to die, right?" The tears continuously rolled down my red wet cheeks.

"There's not a chance that I'm leaving you just because you're- sick. I'm going to be by your side this whole time and i'll make sure that we beat that cancer's ass together. I'm not leaving your side ever, I promise. I'm not leaving you as long as you don't leave me too." I nodded. "Promise me."