84 | Stupid promises

when your parents think you can't succeed in life 🙃
16 chapters left btw

don't forget to comment and vote for quicker updates!!

•••

Friday, October 21, 2016-

This has been the third time this happened this week. I'm sick and tired of waiting for him to come home and I have no idea where he goes. I've tried calling his phone but he would either answer and tell me he's at work and that he's really busy or his phone is dead. I don't know what he's been up to but I'm really starting to worry. He would always use the 'I got caught up at work' excuse.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a pair of keys jingle coming from the other side of the front door. Then I heard the person inserted the key and unlocked the door. I saw his figure walked in and slowly shut it trying to not make a noise but little did he know I knew. He takes off the hood if his sweater and let out a shaky breathe. He turned around his eyes meeting mine. By the look on his face, he looked shocked and guilty? I stood there with an unapproved smile on my face with my arms crossed. I was pissed alright.

"Where have you been?" I walked closer to him. He cleared his throat and ran his fingers through his hair. He stuffed both of his hands into his two front pockets and looked down at the floor. "I've been waiting for you."

"I just got caught up with work, alright?" I scoffed.

"Why do I feel like you're lying?" He finally looked up, his eyes meeting mine.

"You think I'm fucking lying? Call Nathan for god's sake then!" He screamed out loud making me flinch at his sudden actions. What has gotten into him? He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Look, I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell at you like that." If I was being honest I was a bit scared of him at that moment. "I'm just really tired. It has been a long day so I'm going to take a shower and you should go to bed." He left a small cold kiss on my forehead and walked past me to take a shower.

I heard the shower turn on but I was still standing in the same exact spot with a very confused and shocked face. I didn't know what to think. It's just been the first time I've seen him yell at me like this.

After standing there and thinking about what just happened for like solid ten minutes, I took my ass to bed. I tried to close my eyes and go to bed but I couldn't. There was so much going on in my mind.

Minutes later, I heard him walk out of the bathroom. I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep, I even pretended to let out small snores just to make it real. I peeked one eye open when I felt his presence on the other side of the bed. His back was turned to me and it looked like he was on his phone, both of his thumbs tapping the screen like he was texting. When he was done 'texting', he shut off his phone and placed it on the nightstand before he laid down next to me on the bed. He turned off the lamp with a sigh leaving his mouth then turned his back to me. Then a few minutes later, he fell asleep.

•••

Sunday, October 23, 2016-

Yesterday, we acted as if nothing happened the night before, well he did. I still couldn't get the image of him yelling at me and acting so strange in my head. It has been eating me up and I wanted to ask him what's wrong but I'm scared he'll shut me up by yelling at me again. I was in the bathroom in the middle of combing my damp hair. I've been standing there for like 10 minutes and was just staring at myself thinking while combing my hair.