5 | Sammy Wilk

"Good morning mom and dad." I greeted walking down the stairs. I know that I slept at Matt's last night but I jumped through the window before they could come in and catch me.

"Morning sweetie." My mother said while she smiled and hugged me, leaving a kiss on my cheek.

"Morning broski." My dad greeted while he laughed as he hugged me.

"Dad.. just please don't." Then we laughed.

"What's for breakfast?" I jumped in excitement and sat my butt down next to my mom.

"Eggs and bacon." My father knew that was my favorite meal for breakfast so he winked at me scooping some and placed it on my plate. I grinned big and dug in and stuffed my mouth with the food.

"So how was your night at Matt's?" My mother asked before she took a sip of her coffee while she gave me the look that mothers give to their child when they know what they did. I choked on my food then gulped some water down my throat.

"What are you talking about?" I nervously laughed. She squinted her eyes at me, making me say the truth. "Fine fine. I'm sorry! I-" I started apologizing.

"Honey, it's fine." They chuckled. "You should have left a note or at least texted me, so your father and I wouldn't be so worried." I nodded sighing. "Plus, I ship it." She wiggled her eyebrows at me. I looked at her with a disgusted face then started gagging.

"Ship it? Mom, where the heck did you get that from?" I looked at her confused.

"The internet.. you know, with the wifi and-"

"Mom I know what the internet is." I slapped my hand on my forehead and shook her head. This is just too weird.

"Well, I ship you guys! You kids are my OOTW!" she yelled like a girl best friend would.

"No dear, it's OTP, not OOTW. OOTW is the outfit of the..weekend?" My dad said while he searched it up.

"Whoops. my bad."

I covered my face with my hands shaking my head. This is just too embarrassing, I hope I'm not the only one who has parents that tried to be a teenager with slang words.

"Anyways, your father and I will be heading to work so here's 50 dollars and call me when there's an emergency. And please hit me up when you'll be staying at someone's house or going somewhere, so I know that you're safe, okay?" My mother informed as she gives me 50 dollars from her purse. I nodded.

"Yes, mother." I thanked her. They hugged me and kissed me on the cheek.

"Be safe. We love you!" Then they left.

I was sometimes left alone in this huge house, some people think that my parents are so rich that they don't give a damn about me, but they actually do. Almost every Saturday we would go out as a family and just have fun. It sucks being the only child, but that's okay cause I got Matt. Speaking of Matt, he walked in my house. I gave him a spare key because he's like family to me.

"Hey, shortie." He comes up behind me and jumps on my back.

"Hey, loser." We laughed when he got off and decided to help me clean the dishes.