13 | Two tickets to paradise

"But we kinda do make a cute couple."

"Be home by 7, okay?" I told Matt, he rolls his eyes jokingly then laughs. "Matt.." I sigh, holding Leyla's little hand.

"That's too early." He complains.

"But-" He cuts me off.

"Why do you want me to go home so early? You're jealous, huh?" He wiggles his eyebrows with a smirk on his face. My eyes widened when I shook my head trying to act calm.

"No, I don't! Who told you t-that?" I stuttered. Jesus Jannalyn, can you get any more embarrassing? Ugh, somebody kill me now, please.

"I'm just messing with you." He started laughing hysterically. "It actually seemed like you like me." He says laughing with a cute smile on his face. Cause I do, Matt. "Plus, who wouldn't want to be on top of his sexy body." He smirks at me lifting up his shirt showing me his abs. I look at his abs licking my lips then look back up at his eyes before he notices anything, but he did.

"So be home by 7?" I asked, changing the subject.

"I'll try to." He sends me a wink, making me want to scream how cute he is. Then he drove off to his date with Claire.

"Where is he going?" Leyla asks as we made our way inside the house. As we got in, I lock the door and open the windows to let fresh air in.

"He's going on a date with Claire," I said trying my best not to sound hurt.

"Claire? Who's Claire?" She lays on the couch.

"uhh-his girlfriend," I said sighing then sit on the couch and watch tv.

"But I thought you guys are boyfriend and girlfriend?" She asks making me choke on air.

"Ha, no." I shook my head still nervously laughing.

"Why? You like him and he likes you." That made me even choke even more. I coughed then shook my head with a chuckle.

"Now where did you get that?" I pointed a finger at her.

"It looks like it!" She sits up shrugging her shoulders. Looks like it? "But I do know that you like my brother." She giggled.

"I do actually." I smiled.

"And he does too." No, he doesn't, but I really hope he does.

•••

"What do you mean, Matt?" Claire asks me sounding like she's about to cry.

"It means that I can't attend our date right now because I'm busy with some stuff." I sighed rolling my eyes. It's been 30 minutes and Claire won't stop being so annoying.

"I bought a freaking 200 dollar dress for our special date and now you're telling me you can't go?" She sniffed. Someone kill me now.

"Change of plans alright?" She didn't answer. "Whatever Claire, call me back when you stop acting like a bitch." Then I ended the call.

Yes, it was kind of rude of me to cancel Claire and I's date. The stuff I'm about to do is only one time a year and I can go on dates with Claire as many times as I want, so there's no need for Claire to complain and whine.