Kurt Cobain

"It's better to burn out than fade away."

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

"The duty of youth is to challenge corruption."

"I'm so happy because today I found my friends - they're in my head."

"If you die you're completely happy and your soul somewhere lives on. I'm not afraid of dying. Total peace after death, becoming someone else is the best hope I've got."

"If it's illegal to rock and roll, throw my ass in jail!"

"The worst crime is faking it."

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are."

"Humans are stupid. I'm ashamed to be human."

"Life is a waste of time and time is a waste of life, so let's all get wasted and have the time of our lives."

"Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self-respect and everything that goes along with with your self-esteem. They're no good at all."

"Just because it's all you want, doesn't mean it's all you need."

"I was tired of pretending that I was someone else just to get along with people, just for the sake of having friendships."

"If my eyes could show my soul,everyone would cry when they saw me smile."

"After I reached my teens I decided I didn't want to hang out with anyone. I couldn't handle the stupidity."

"I like to complain and do nothing to make things better."

"I would like to get rid of the homophobes, sexists, and racists in our audience. I know they're out there and it really bothers me."

"It must be one of those narcissists who only appreciate things when they're gone. I'm too sensitive. I need to be slightly numb in order to regain the enthusiasms I once had as a child."

"It's okay to eat fish because they don't have any feelings."

"Thank you for the tragedy. I need it for my art."

"I mean I like to be passionate and sincere but I also like to have fun and act like a dork. Geeks unite."

"I don't care what you think unless it is about me."

"A friend is nothing but a known enemy."

"No matter what you do or say, there's nothing that you can do to make people understand you."

"I started being really proud of the fact that I was gay even though I wasn't."